Need ideas for fat bombs

Options
xshandyx
xshandyx Posts: 26 Member
Just new to lchf and finding it really hard to get my fat up... Wondering if anyone has any yummy fat bomb recipes...
I've been frying 30g macadamias in 1tsp coconut oil.. Small pinch of salt..
Yesterday I added a square of 85% dark chocolate.. Place in fridge.. Then shake container to loosen the nuts.. very yummy..

Replies

• Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! You found your way. :D:D:D:D

I used to make peanut butter chocolate ones. I think I just googled fat bombs. Tons out there.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Here's a site. I don't make them often because I found them too tasty and something I would over eat. Many folks do just fine with them. In the end, an Almond Joy fat bomb is a better low carb choice than those made by (now) Hershey's. :o (IMO).

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/03/24/60-amazing-fat-bomb-recipes
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I make super strong Bengal Spice Tea (any flavour works) then mix in 1c coconut oil and some gelatin. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze or refrigerate. They become these yummy little Bengal Spice gummies.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Bengal Spice Tea is the best tea. <3
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Heat broth of your choice, add butter and heavy whipping cream. Yummy drinkable fat bomb.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    smahan2010 wrote: »
    Heat broth of your choice, add butter and heavy whipping cream. Yummy drinkable fat bomb.

Add some meat and diced pepper and garlic to this, and it sounds like soup I make from time to time.
  • yarnellc
    yarnellc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My honey bought me a fat bomb recipe book on Amazon. It is AMAZING. I don't have it with me to know the exact name but it's something like Fat Bombs for a Year.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How is it that folks have enough calories in their food budgets to afford eating fat bombs?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How is it that folks have enough calories in their food budgets to afford eating fat bombs?

When I first started keto I was eating them because they were good. And I basically ate them as my food... so you can imagine how amazingly nutrient dense my intake was for a while. Lol
    I was a sweet addict so I was making dessert ones. If it meant I ate less other food so I could have it, then I just ate less real food.
    Learned my lesson!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Meal replacement, haha
    Same with bulletproof coffee. You essentially have to make it your breakfast/meal or it just does not fit in calorically!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your allowed calories are...I calorie cycle to fit with my lifting, and I do find I have a hard time eating enough on the high calorie days because the food is so filling and satisfying.
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't count calories, I only count carbs and I make sure my fat grams are more than my protein grams. I eat anywhere from 1250-1600 cal a day based on what my diary says and I have homemade buttered coffee every morning with my breakfast. :smiley: I will soon be adding MCT oil to my coffee/salad's too :smiley:
  • xshandyx
    xshandyx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess, for years I've dieted low fat..
    Now eating low carb, high fat is so new to me..I just have to re program myself..I drink black coffee and tea, so can't add cream. Eeew
    I seem to have trouble making my fat count.. Maybe I need to start cooking in coconut oil more.. Again, I'm used to low fat... I'm learning
  • kpk54
    Options
    I've really have to rethink food and find foods that fit my personal taste and preference. Nuts have been something that over my years I have not typically eaten because they are so darn easy to over eat (especially when salted). Today, I might enjoy 3 servings of almonds (3 ounces or 84 grams) and call it lunch. According to the package I am looking at 3 servings would equate to a whopping 510 calories but it is lunch. It would also provide 42 fat grams (a good thing for me in light of my other preferences), only 6 net carbs (18 total-so fits my 50 total per day) and 18 grams of protein. According to the packaging it would also provide the RDAs of 60% of suggested magnesium, 75% of suggested vitamin E, 24% of suggested calcium & 18% of suggested iron. 600 grams of potassium.

I'm not one to lose sleep or obsess over nutritional values of food. I do find it interesting and give it consideration in my chosen LCHF way of eating.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Since I started fasting several times a month, I find it nice to have fat bombs, I do the almond joy type one. I no longer stop in front of the chocolates in stores, because mine are so much better. I load up on fats after a fast for a couple of days. One day it might be fat bombs, others it might be extra cheese (gouda or brie anyone?) or maybe I want/need macadamia nuts. But most of my simpler IF days, I use homemade salad dressings, and avo or EVO oils for cooking, along with whatever is in my meats.

So I think fat bombs have a place, you just can't over eat them.