October 5 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    vy0a92o1t10d.jpg
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Great time today. 36 mins 40 seconds for the 5km. Incorporated some HIIT sections in the walk (flat out as fast as I could for 60 sec (still walking, fastest cadence I could manage and focus on technique), then back off to below normal pace for 60 secs, repeat 4 times).

Work busy. Have to go into town tomorrow, so early night tonight.

May have to increase daily calories again as still very slowly losing. I am eating as much now as I was when I started tracking when trying to lose weight at 89kg (196 lbs) in mid April. (This morning was 66kg (145.5 lbs)).

@aeshippers. The pukeko chicks look so cute.
    @pcotter54. Happy birthday for the 4th. Hope you had a great day.
    @carmelamadeleine. Welcome to the best group (and challenge) on MFP. Hope to hear more from you as the weeks progress.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Pass #2 gonna go over on calories alittle.

Did my opat this morning it got delayed until 9AM so I managed to get a great warm up in before hand and thanks to that I passed by a good bit needed 5-8 on my shuttle and got 6-1 So that's great news.

Due to that I wont have much longer I can stay in the group so next week will be my last week I can participate in the UAC which has been such a amazing group.

Thanks for the help @craigo3154

@SimonsChange. Fantastic news on making 6-1 on the shuttle runs.

Glad UAC could help you get where you want to go. It will be sad that you must leave, but I am really happy that it is to do something that you are wanting to do.

(Don't worry about the pass. I think I mentioned that when you are focused on optimum performance staying inside calorie budget is optional :) - You have reached a far better goal than monthly circle :) )
  • craigo3154
    Options
    trixsey1 wrote: »
    @craigo3154 - If I was out walking with you at your top speed I'll be jogging to keep up, lol.
    You must walk at a good 5 miles per hour.
    @trixsey1. My top-speed walking is just a little under 6 mph (6.5 mins per km = 9.23 km/h = 5.74 mph).

Yes, this is most peoples jogging speed.

Advantage of walking is that I only put up to 2.5x my bodyweight through the knees. Running or jogging regularly exceeds of 5x bodyweight through the landing leg.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Almost 16,000 steps today plus yoga plus a funny how on Netflix: Canada's Worst Handyman - toooooo funny!!!!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Slow walking
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @SimonsChange. It has been a pleasure having you in the UAC. I will miss your posts. Good luck with your future endeavours.
    A good day. 11,391 steps( housework, babysitting and a 6km walk). Tracking okay. Calories good.