New Here

Options
dante8993
dante8993 Posts: 38 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Dante' I'm an over weight stay home mom of 2. Son 22 & daughter 14 and I need to get some of this weight off. I've been type - diabetic for 36 yrs and it's a must I live to enyand love my grandkids , my problem is I eat too much, iv even had lap band Syguery with no luck, do you have any tips to just get my feet wet?
Thanks

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Look into getting that lapband revised to vsg or bypass if you haven't had it removed already. First thing to do is cut down on refined carbohydrates as much as possible.
  • memegirl77
    memegirl77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    dante8993 wrote: »
    Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Dante' I'm an over weight stay home mom of 2. Son 22 & daughter 14 and I need to get some of this weight off. I've been type - diabetic for 36 yrs and it's a must I live to enyand love my grandkids , my problem is I eat too much, iv even had lap band Syguery with no luck, do you have any tips to just get my feet wet?
    Thanks

I am new here too. I only have about 50lbs to lose. I am almost diabetic and have slightly high blood pressure. If I don't do something different it will only get worse. I want to get healthy so I can better serve God ad others. I am sure your journey will be tough but I know you can do it. One suggestion I have is to get all of the unhealthy food out of the house asap to avoid the extra temptation. I do wish you the best.
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dante8993 wrote: »
    Thanks

Hi Dante I'm Nikki. This is my second time with MFP. The journey is hard especially with kids. I would say record everything. Find a few minutes for yourself and make a few friends on here u can reach out to in a time of need that understand your situation. If u want add me.