The long and winding road

Options
loriloftness
loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
This past year has not been a good one for me. I watched my Dad’s health decline, his cognitive functioning come and go. I stopped caring too much about what I ate, using the stress of helping care for him and the pain of watching him struggle, and working 2 jobs and caring for a grandson one night per week as my excuse. My Dad passed away last week. I weigh 35 lbs or so more than I did at my lowest point. I need to focus on my health. I told my husband that I am going back to the eating plan I was given from the weight loss program. I am going to make myself get up early to exercise. I will once again track my food intake. I can’t undo what I did in the last year, and I’m not going to beat myself up for it. I can do better, and now I have another guardian angel to watch me succeed.
Lori

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori - first of all, I am so sorry for your loss! Sounds like you had an incredibly tough year, but I think it's positive that you recognize that you put yourself last during this difficult time. That said, in order to take care of others you need to take care of yourself first - recognizing you neglected your own needs is half the battle :)

I would definitely go back to basics for a while and you may want to go to www.bariatriceating.com and look at their Back on Track plan -- it looks like it had helped a lot of people. Good luck and know that you have a huge support group here
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    Hi Lori - first of all, I am so sorry for your loss! Sounds like you had an incredibly tough year, but I think it's positive that you recognize that you put yourself last during this difficult time. That said, in order to take care of others you need to take care of yourself first - recognizing you neglected your own needs is half the battle :)

I would definitely go back to basics for a while and you may want to go to www.bariatriceating.com and look at their Back on Track plan -- it looks like it had helped a lot of people. Good luck and know that you have a huge support group here

Thanks for the website info. I had not heard of it but now I am doing their 48 hr reset. I think it will be a good gateway into getting my food intake back to what it should be and what works for weight loss. I appreciate the support!!!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anytime - let me know how the reset goes