Saxenda Side Effects

Options
2»

Replies

• marniee14
    marniee14 Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I lost 13lbs in 2 weeks, then it slowed down and severe constipation even though I drink LOTS of water. I am in week 5, lost 20lbs so far.
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    firewendy wrote: »
    I am on day 5 of Saxenda. I lost two pounds but then somehow gained one back last night. I'm not sure how that happened because I am eating way less.

The issue that I am having is that I am having palpatations on this medicine. I can feel my heart skipping a beat. Usually the onset of the palpitations is 6-7 hours after my injection. By the next morning they are gone completely. I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it just to see if that would help. The palpitations are not as bad but are still there. Has anyone had any issues with this type of symptom? I'm supposed to bump up to 1.6 tomorrow but I am worried!

Thank you!

Wendy

You might want to stay at your current dose until you can see your Dr. Maybe go to the pharmacy and see if your blood pressure is ok.
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    marniee14 wrote: »
    I lost 13lbs in 2 weeks, then it slowed down and severe constipation even though I drink LOTS of water. I am in week 5, lost 20lbs so far.

I take a stool softener and it seems to help a lot. I used to take Restorolax but it made me feel bloated. Now, I take senekot.
  • stacydianereagan
    stacydianereagan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm taking miralax every other day. My neighbor has a toddler, and the doctor told her to give it to the toddler every day, so I decided it must be mild. It is working for me. I just put it in a glass of tea or coffee.
  • Gastlygrimm
    Gastlygrimm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on Saxenda and it's been about my 4th day. I take the medication at night in my thigh before I go to sleep. When I wake up, I have been having these horrible nauseating feelings and I was actually sick last night and through the day today. Does anyone else experience 'sulfur burps' as well? That's been common since I started this.

I have been feeling full and I've also been catching myself when it feels like I'm about to eat out of boredom. If you over eat, you WILL feel sick. I can guarantee that.

Since I've been feeling full, I've been having to force myself to eat breakfast. I had to force a piece of toast down today and I found myself chewing and chewing the same piece all the way to work today. A porkchop for lunch and probably a banana later. I just don't feel like I need to eat the way I used to. It's definitely impacting me in that manner and I am stepping back to look at what I've been eating.

TLDR; if you can't handle nausea at all, try a different approach.
  • jenniferluvscrafts
    Options
    I just started Saxenda on day 5 the lowest dose. I am constantly burping . I do feel nausea from time to time. Definitely eating less. I did over eat last night at dinner time and boy oh boy did I pay for it. I was in bad stomach pain all night. Woke up this morning feeling better but still burping and gasy. anyone else this way with gas and burps?
  • marisamumford
    marisamumford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Saxenda on day 5 the lowest dose. I am constantly burping . I do feel nausea from time to time. Definitely eating less. I did over eat last night at dinner time and boy oh boy did I pay for it. I was in bad stomach pain all night. Woke up this morning feeling better but still burping and gasy. anyone else this way with gas and burps?

I’ve noticed when I start to burp more and get kind of those sulpher ones that means I’ll be sick soon. I was sick the first time I took the 1.8 dose, then again the next week at the 2.4 dose. Like 24 hour, thought I had the flu but too suspicious it happened two weeks in a row sick. The dr told me to stay on the 2.4 dose for a month but the next week I was sick again but not as bad. Had started to feel really gassy and naseous earlier and didn’t take my dose that day. Dr told me to go down to 1.8 for a bit. Been over a week since I’ve been sick but starting up again tonight. I think it’s when my stomach gets too full. I’m eating less than half than what I did but I’m also pretty constipated so I hunk there’s just no where for it to go.
  • amleutzinger
    amleutzinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’ve been on Saxenda for 9 weeks. I’ve lost 23 pounds and my only side effect has been constipation occasionally. I did notice when I drink a glass of wine, I wake up in the night with severe cramps and diarrhea. Well, I noticed the correlation to the wine last Thursday after I had a half glass (second time drinking wine in this). I’ve had diarrhea for 4 days now with nausea and sour stomach and my appetite has decreased tremendously (500-600 calories a day). Any suggestions? I’ve tried Pepto Bismo but I’m still having issues. Thank you!