Butter Chicken

Options
What do you eat with your butter chicken? I tried to make Keto Naan but it was kind of disgusting. (It was a coconut flour & Psyllium Husk powder recipe).

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you possibly had too much fiber goin' on in that recipe based on the ingredients you mentioned. lol
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying my chicken curry on top of steamed cauliflower lately. No I'm not one of those people that thinks cauliflower can substitute in for anything
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You can get konjac Miracle Noodle 'rice' if you really need it. I just eat my butter chicken with a spoon, lol, and some steamed broccoli on the side. I usually make less sauce and more chicken pieces than you might find in your local Indian food joint though.
    Here's the Miracle Rice: Lots of other brands out there too... Just be sure to rinse very well in a sieve, the liquid stinks, lol.
    612KNppAnVL._SL1280_.jpg
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    In regards to all non casserole recipes that are generally served with rice, pasta, breads: I eat them without. I have rice/pasta/breads as a side for my husband but I just don't eat it. Sometimes I'll serve mine over spaghetti squash, cauliflower (not the riced stuff that I don't care for), cooked mushrooms, raw spinach, etc. Bread and crackers are off my list of things I eat at home unless I'm hosting others.

I've made Butter Chicken (delicious). If I were eating it at a restaurant, I might enjoy the dining experience with naan or rice but at home...just the Butter Chicken.

I guess I've drawn my line for how I eat with ~90/10 rule. At home (my 90%) I stay on track. On special occasions (holidays, vacations, dinner with friends) I'm more flexible and enjoy the complete experience...moderately.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I just found a spaghetti squash at the local farmers market in Tokyo -- score! I had not seen them for ages. Baked it up and it was perfect last night with a pesto sauce. Brought the rest for lunch with a curry today at work. Zoodles are also a new find for me, like them with any sauces.
  • rgg71
    rgg71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, we had butter chicken this weekend and made cauliflower pilau using a 'Hairy Bikers' recipie. Delicious
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your ideas!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I know this is a month on from the last post, but I wanted to add my finding.. I also did not really enjoy the keto naan recipe which tasted like a coconut pancake. But while messing with this recipe, (thinning it out to make crepes) http://ditchthewheat.com/low-carb-tortillas/
    I messed up a couple of them and ended up with a scrambled egg style mess of lumpy bits. Those lumpy bits turned out to be quite excellent with my butter chicken. They soak up a bit of sauce and No complaints about the flavor.