Week 3 Daily Discussion, Weekly Exercise, Chat, and Discussion

Options
Afternoon everyone. Hope everyone had a great week. Here is the week 3 thread. Daily exercise for the week is push ups. 40 a day. All at once, spread out, modified, it doesn't matter. Weekly exercise challenge would be 350 total push ups. Good luck. Stay disciplined.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Well, it's obvious Dragon gets this one. Anyone else up for it?
    If I lie in bed on my back with my arms in the air and push up and down, does that count as modified?
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hope to get in modest gentle exercise each day this week that's kinda just the space I'm in. Warrior spirit! Noodle Body! HOOAH.

How was everyone's week? Non-scale victories??

• meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!! Oh boy let's get it done!! I am in...I can do the girly push-up. My week was awesome. How bout y'all??
  • meat513
    Options
    My diary and exercise is done! Good night to all strive to do much better this week...
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My weigh-in is going to be a day late because I only just got home, at the end of the day, and I can feel that my weight is artificially increased by my stomach misbehaving. Hopefully that will be resolved by morning...though overall I don't think there's been much change in my weight anyway. I need to be more careful with logging in the coming week.

At least I've been setting up to do well on that. Spent some quality time with my food scale earlier tonight and on Friday night, and separated snacks into single-serving packs, like I said I would. I'm proud of myself for not snacking on them as I went. Also recently cleaned out the fridge (or the food museum, as my boyfriend calls it, due to my habit of forgetting to clean it out for way too long) and now there's a ton more room in there. Didn't use the pressure cooker tonight; I'll be doing that tomorrow instead.

Turns out we're not using the venue we thought we would. Beautiful place, the venue was everything we we're hoping for, but staff was...not. They forgot our appointment to tour. No one told us where to go - and when we found out, no one showed up, or was even there to answer the phone when we called to ask about it. So, we're back on the hunt, and heading back to the area next weekend to see more candidates.

It hasn't been a very good week for workouts because I've had so much going on, but the coming two weeks will have to be better.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Given the discussion just days ago in the week two thread, pushups for the weekly challenge is pretty ironic lol.
    Anyway, I gave it a red hot go, and I'm still not even a little bit close to doing pushups. Heck, just getting to the floor was sketchy and getting back up again was a bit of fun. My knees are too cactus for doing ladies style pushups on the tiles and this entire house is tiled lol. There is one piece of furniture strong enough for me to do pushups against, and it's the kitchen bench. At which point I might as well just be doing bench presses.

So I'm just going to bow out of the weekly challenge. Good luck all.

@meat513 Nice one, just going by the info that came up in the feed you did have a great week.

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @burly_man308
    Question - how do we know who won the challenge on the points?
  • burly_man308
    burly_man308 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am updating a spreadsheet weekly. I need to post it here with a link or something for everyone to see.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    I am updating a spreadsheet weekly. I need to post it here with a link or something for everyone to see.

Yes please :D
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well I can confidently report today, and I will not complete the exercise challenge this week - but yay for those of you that will! I am not going to lie, if I get down on the floor, someone will be calling 911 to help get me up! :)

@fyreside 6.6 lbs lost, holy crap! You are my new hero, way to go!
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am playing catch-up. I had been so busy with my 10-yr anniversary that I didn't log in for three days. But i'm all caught up now. I didn't get to work out much, but I did take a lot of steps. I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain either, so that's a win for me.

As for the challenge, @burly_man308 said the push-ups could be modified. My modified version, that I haven't done for a while, but I will this week, is to push back from against a wall. You're in the same stance as a regular on-your-toes push up, but you stand 2-3 feet back. Your form should be just like a push-up, arms slightly wider than shoulder-width, back straight, etc., etc. make sure that you can feel your arms and chest working. if it's too easy, try stepping back a bit more.

You can also push up from a sturdy table or chair so you're at an incline, and these you can do from your toes or from your knees.

So good luck all! Since I'm a day late I'll try to get in about 60 a day.
  • meat513
    Options
    My diary and exercise completed ✅ 7244 steps have a good night
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Sick in bed today so not a great day on food / exercise. Have a date to go run at 6 am in the morning - I don’t really do mornings - should be interesting. lol. Just a mile or two, shake the legs out.

• explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone!

Diary closed out for the day - trying a little harder to err on the side of overestimating my intake. Also, going to make a point to not go out for lunch again during the school week - not until the boyfriend and I are heading back to Vegas. Daily exercise challenge completed, though!

Tried out the pressure cooker and I'm in love. Made the best damned beef roast I've ever made - flavored with $3 red wine that turned out to be AMAZING for cooking. Somehow despite this being my first attempt at using a pressure cooker, and barely having any instructions, I managed to cook it perfectly. I'm proud of this achievement.

Also, I never did see when I picked it up, exactly HOW the pressure cooker was damaged - well, i found that tonight; apparently the previous owner had a bit of an Incident, because some of the plastic parts of the outer casing are melted. Just like the sign said, this has no impact on its function, and personally it makes me like it all that much more - it has a story.

Also, my fitness tracker got here! The place it got dispatched from was so close it arrived on the same day it was shipped and I am pleasantly shocked. Did not expect that. It's doubly great because MFP somehow partially desynced from my S Health app a few days ago and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it; now hopefully it'll work better with my Misfit app. Also now its time for me to hunt down/make more nice bands for this thing!

Other than that, it's just been school, school, and more school today. Physics was the worst - my lab instructor is pretty condescending and often takes over an hour out of lab time just to rehash information from middle school science. Our lecture professor is amazing, but the lab instructor is just annoying. Ended up not getting home or having dinner until...super late, because of that crap. At least the experiment was pretty fun, if tedious...when we finally got to it.

So that's been my day. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Check-in for Tuesday morning... finished my diary yesterday and did 50 push-ups. Did not get a walk in, but will shoot for one today.

Hope you get to feeling better, Oregon.

Everybody else, keep up the good work and progress!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »

As for the challenge, @burly_man308 said the push-ups could be modified. My modified version, that I haven't done for a while, but I will this week, is to push back from against a wall. You're in the same stance as a regular on-your-toes push up, but you stand 2-3 feet back. Your form should be just like a push-up, arms slightly wider than shoulder-width, back straight, etc., etc. make sure that you can feel your arms and chest working. if it's too easy, try stepping back a bit more.

You can also push up from a sturdy table or chair so you're at an incline, and these you can do from your toes or from your knees.

I can definitely try this! Thanks @mamabear for the suggestion! I'll try and make up several throughout the day for days missed!
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You're welcome @cnavarro002 Modified versions still work you out, and you can steadily graduate to more rigorous versions later. I'm still on modified :D

anywho, I got my 60 push ups in. I did 40 in our bathroom at work and the other 20 at home. I'm also slowly getting back to my walking workouts. Since I had a three day break, I didn't want to jump right back in, so I only did 40 mins. I was near giving up in the last 15 mins, but I hung in there.

BTW @burly_man308 , i noticed your math was off. 7 x 40 = 280. So you meant 50 a day, right?
    Daily exercise for the week is push ups. 40 a day. All at once, spread out, modified, it doesn't matter. Weekly exercise challenge would be 350 total push ups.
    Just making sure we're all on the same page.
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished 10422 steps hope everyone had a good day today!! Good night
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Did the morning run with my son this morning - it was dark out but we had a couple of spooky street lights. I need to do better on my food though for sure. I just eat too much.

@meat513 — great job logging those steps

Have a good night / day everyone — here is a photo of my weight loss buddy, he’s an adopted kitty named Poutou. With my illness I’m stuck at home or worse in bed a lot, he’s been a lot of company for me.

BD66028_D_12_FA_41_A9_8_F99_EBB4246_D65_CF.jpg
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Hi all, hope you're doing well. Cute cat Oregon, he's very photogenic.