Eating to hide physical pain

Options
2»

Replies

• amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will have to look into magnesium as well. I have a list started that I am going to do s little research on and magnesium was on that and so was ribose. Thanks for the info.
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I talked to my pharmacist today he said that magnesium may be a help so I will start it tonight. He also said to get my levels for vitamin b and d and potassium checked next appointment with my doctor.
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment with my doctor on the 30th of this month so I am making a list of all the supplements that I think may be beneficial and taking it to my appt with me. Then I am going to talk to my pharmacist. I am only on topamax for migraines and birth control so I don’t really have to worry about to many drug interactions. Hoping to have a plan by November.
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's great I hope u get answers soon. I know what it's like to live with these conditions it's not easy but due to other conditions and meds my options are limited.
  • mksafire
    mksafire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One thing that has really helped me is community acupuncture. I always wanted to try it but it was too expensive. Then I found community acupuncture and finally it was affordable and accessible. More info - https://www.pocacoop.com/what-is-ca-long-answer

For me I had to go for physical comfort to combat the emotions eating. My body was hurting and nothing took he pain away but actually touching and nurturing my physical body. Baths help a ton! Just indulge and get all the wonderful smelly salts and make night of it. It’s about treating your body to nurturing care.

Accupunture for me was me best of an experience of a relaxing bath mixed with a massage. It took away all the tension in my body that I didn’t know I was keeping. My chest was so tight and I was so hunched over from the constant pain. Accupunture takes away all the pain and gives you sweet relief. It’s worth a try!
  • Kellielvsfam
    Kellielvsfam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.I'm a 49 yr old mom to 2 grown kids,i have 1 grandson,he's 5.
    I was finally diagnosed with having fibro ,after yrs of being treated like i was a crazy drug seeker.That's been about 12 yrs ago.I've tried everything there is to try for it.The best med i've found to get some relief is from Lyrica.I know it works because i've had to wait until payday to refill it before.By day 3 of not having it,i just ached all over and could barely move!
    I don't feel i have the side effects from it anymore,or i got used to them.
    I've been on Lyrica for 7 yrs now.
    I also struggle with chronic fatigue,arthritisNerve pain/burning in shoulders and Degenerative disc disease and 2 failed back surgeries.The last surgery left me with a plate/screws in my low back.I was no longer able to work after that one.It's been 7 yrs now.I used to be such a perfectionist and my house was so clean.Well,those days are gone.lol.
    I've tried just about every pill out there.Lyrica works the best.Back before all these laws were changed,i was on tramadol for pain,for many years.After the last back surgery failed i went on pain meds.So,i feel lucky to have those too.One thing i haven't tried is the tumeric.I would really like to try it!I can't take melatonin for sleep anymore because of mental issues,i now take 6 pills a night to help me sleep and alot of nights,i'm still getting up.SMH!The melatonin used to work pretty good for me,until i had some tragedies happen in my life.I began on anti depressants,anxiety meds and as i said alot of pills to try and help me go to sleep and stay asleep.My poor liver!I've been thinking alot about alternatives lately as my script bills are getting out of control.