One year, today

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Today is my one-year-aversary.
It's been one year since my last period, and what a doosy that last one was! I clearly remember thinking: whoa, if this isn't "it", if it gets worse, I feel less "well" than this, I might need to do something more dramatic (meds wise). Fortunately, that WAS it.

I can honestly say I feel so much better than this time last year. I don't know to what to attribute this: my body getting more balanced as the new me, or the small dose bio-identical hormones I am on. I guess we will find out if/when I stop using them. (I plan to stop the E in a few years, with a slow weaning over time, but have no plans to stop the P).

Thanks all for your support!

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope that I will feel better on the other side of all this!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    So jealous ;-)
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm jelly, but very happy for you. As others said, you give us hope that we can make it through this. In the meantime, I'm getting cramps as we speak. :/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm not at 100%, for sure. And I haven't really tried to lose the 8-10Lbs I gained, but I'm about to try that. Here's hoping I keep feeling well!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your one year!! So awesome!

I had to start my countdown all over again this week after going over 5 months this time. I guess 2-3 times a year beats every month or more frequent so I'll take it!

Good luck on those stubborn extra pounds...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Congrats on your one year!! So awesome!

I had to start my countdown all over again this week after going over 5 months this time. I guess 2-3 times a year beats every month or more frequent so I'll take it!

Good luck on those stubborn extra pounds...

Ooh starting over sucks!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ooh starting over sucks!

Yes, but at least this hasn't been a bad one compared to what others experience when going extra months between. I know my day is coming...it gets closer every day!

I'm holding out hope I'll be average with both my start and stop ages. I started when I was 12...I turn 51 in March so I still have a chance to be done at that age. :smile:

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Ooh starting over sucks!

Yes, but at least this hasn't been a bad one compared to what others experience when going extra months between. I know my day is coming...it gets closer every day!

I'm holding out hope I'll be average with both my start and stop ages. I started when I was 12...I turn 51 in March so I still have a chance to be done at that age. :smile:
    I was 12 and 52, so pretty close to average.
    Good luck!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Exciting !!!!
  • stacydianereagan
    stacydianereagan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been done for two years now. I am 47. I feel so much better. I have lost weight and have more stamina. I don’t know what I was afraid of.