October 23 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    s71fzokfwtbh.jpg
    Usually, in the middle of the month, I ask you to please share a Non-Scale-Victory (NSV).
    My NSV is that last week, I had lunch with a friend whom I have not seen for the last 3 years. He is very disciplined in his workouts and we enjoy being together. I was able to say, "I'm the same weight that I was the last time that you and I were together. Not many guys can say that." You, my UAC team mates help me to be accountable.

Now, what are you excited about that is a NSV?
    Rick

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    NSV I worked at the branch this past Fri & Sat and I didn't leave in tears. I had a migraine and things got way out of hand definitely a power struggle between the main office and the branch. I just go and do my job only when I have to.
    Exercise done get to work with my buddy in drive thru at the main office today. Woo hoo for today till later.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 23
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Late walk today (and work). Moderate pace.

Nothing much to report from today.

My NSV is that I have kept within 1 kg of my weight this time last month (mostly on the low side) - even though eating slightly more than when I started losing weight.

@2020pinktogo. Well done on keeping things together.
    @cardio_enthusiast. What was your height, weight, age, activity level and target loss rate used to calculate daily calorie intake? Do you eat back exercise calories. Could be that it needs revision if it has been a couple of months.

• oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (40 min. walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

My NSV is that I had to buy a new pair of jeans 2 days ago because my old ones are now officially too big to wear. :smiley:
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154

I started this journey at the beginning of July 2017. At the time, I was only working out about 3 times a week--vigorous cardio and strength training sessions.

I set the weight loss at 1.5lbs/ week. Sometimes I eat back some of my calories, most of the time I do not. However, I don't feel deprived. When I'm hungry, I listen to my body and increase my intake.

I'm 5'10": started at 195lbs and now I'm 178lbs. Before I put on this weight, my usual weight had been 160-170lbs.

I have a feeling that my body likes my current weight, but I'm not accepting that...LOL! I'm aiming for 165lbs-170lbs. My clothes all fit well--however, I want to be lighter so that I can reduce the wear and tear on my body.

I work out almost everyday--that's not for weight loss--it's for cardiovascular fitness, endurance, and muscle strength. Fringe benefit is weight loss:)

I've been stuck at 178lbs for almost a month, so if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    Options
    My NSV: I tried on all the jeans in my closet...one by one...and they all fit like they're supposed to. Sheesh, that was a rough two years of weight gain :D
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Nope unless you count running around airports, then when I got to my final destination it was pouring, so I couldn't even go for a walk. Pout. Hoping the rain lets up so I can go for a walk tomorrow morning.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Sort of, I didn't have very strict goals today, they were: no sweets, only fruit and veg after dinner and I hit those, even though I really, really want to eat something else right now.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Congrates @cardio_enthusiast , doesn't it feel great when clothes fit again. :)
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Great NSV everyone. @cardio_enthusiast - hanging at the same weight can be frustrating. It's a NSV in itself that you didn't let it derail you.
    Three yesses for today.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Pass day 3

Spaghetti did me in tonight, and I was catching up on projects so no exercise for me. I am confident I can finish in the winners' circle. I just need to make it 8 more days. Positive thinking...yes I can!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    astroamy wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Nope unless you count running around airports, then when I got to my final destination it was pouring, so I couldn't even go for a walk. Pout. Hoping the rain lets up so I can go for a walk tomorrow morning.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Sort of, I didn't have very strict goals today, they were: no sweets, only fruit and veg after dinner and I hit those, even though I really, really want to eat something else right now.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Congrates @cardio_enthusiast , doesn't it feel great when clothes fit again. :)

Addendum: I explored the place I am staying and discovered a workout room in the basement. So I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. So I change my answer to the top question to "Yes".
  • cardio_enthusiast
    edited October 2017
    Options
    23-Oct-2017

Yes x3, today.

Also, on Saturday, the birthday cake and Caribbean party food were fantastic!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 20 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Although my studies have me doing the bare minimum today, my NSV is that I’ve kept up my strength workouts at least 3-4 times a week since school has begun. Plus, I started attending yoga again and have made it on quite a few hikes. Despite all of the stress, I’m still eating healthy, staying active, and maintaining my weight. I’m only two months in, but I’m still proud that it has remained a dominant part of my life. The plan tomorrow is to bring my notes to the treadmill, so I can study and burn some calories at the same time. It’s all about balance!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? n
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y

I'm out for this month. Probably will continue to log in, though.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Exercise: 35 minutes of rope jumping; pushups; lat pulldowns; and squats
    Calories: Under by over 600 calories
    Tracking: good
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (brisk walk with doggie 45 min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1397 calories)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (drank 8-8oz glasses of water)

Getting colder here, jacket wearing time. So brisk walks are easier to do without the scorching heat
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    IDid I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

NSV: last week i waslked home from work easily, before the summer the last third would really get to me because I would struggle physically. I put on a podcast and was home without a second thought.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oct 23
    Exercise: 20 min walking
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes