Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:
Weigh-in #6:
Weigh-in #7:
Total loss:

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week?

Did you stick to your goals last week?

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?

Best meal:
Worst meal:
Best snack:
Worst snack:

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    Weigh-in #4: 112.4
    Weigh-in #5: 112.0
    Weigh-in #6: 112.6
    Weigh-in #7: 111.6
    This week's loss: -1.0
    Total Loss: -2.8

My logging wasn’t the tightest this week, but I’m glad to still see the scale go down. Especially since I had a lot of foods I normally don’t eat, like nachos and pizza :neutral:

I’m soooo close to goal. At this point I’m mentally prepping for recomp/maintenance and trying to decide between eating a flat rate of calories each day OR calorie cycling (more calories on workout days, then slight deficit on other days - to equal out to the same number weekly).
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Weigh-in #4: 139.2
    Weigh-in #5: 137.2
    Weigh-in #6: 137.2
    Weigh-in #7: 139.8
    Total loss: gained 1.8 pounds

I was unsuccessful this week because I was over on my calories pretty much every day. Stress eating is back with a vengeance and I am losing the battle so far. I am internally stressed, both because my 40th birthday is coming up and doing a mental inventory of my life so far, and because I am unhappy in my current job and making risky and scary moves to get out of my position and potentially my company.

Yes on exercise for all days but one. Absolutely not on food. I didn't track calories as well as before and when I did, I discovered that I was over on my calories by a lot every day.

I'll work on dealing with stress-eating and try to get back on track with CI/CO in myfitnesspal.

Best meal: Home-made gluten-free sandwich with ham and Havarti cheese
    Worst meal: Two tacos with cheese, rice and beans + a margarita - none of it I had calories for that evening
    Best snack: Almond butter pouches
    Worst snack: Mindless munching in front of TV that adds up 500 calories
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.2
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 232.6
    Weigh-in #5: 231.2
    Weigh-in #6: 233.6
    Weigh-in #7: 231.8
    Loss this week: -1.8

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals?
    I had a good week, I worked out M-F again and stayed within my calorie limit.

Yes, I planned a few healthy meals for dinner this week and am actually excited about cooking them. Also did not buy any halloween candy or junk at the store this weekend so gold star for me!

Best meal: grilled pork chop and veggies
    Worst meal: didn't really have any meals that were all that bad
    Best snack: hard boiled egg
    Worst snack: trail mix (way too easy to eat way too much)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

My logging wasn’t the tightest this week, but I’m glad to still see the scale go down. Especially since I had a lot of foods I normally don’t eat, like nachos and pizza :neutral:

I’m soooo close to goal. At this point I’m mentally prepping for recomp/maintenance and trying to decide between eating a flat rate of calories each day OR calorie cycling (more calories on workout days, then slight deficit on other days - to equal out to the same number weekly).

Congrats on being close to your goal. I honestly don’t see how people keep up with cal cycling. Lol! I tried it for like 3 or 4 days. It was a no go for me. Too much to keep up with for me. I’ll be so happy when I get get close. I’m starting to get frustrated but I promised myself I’d keep going til the end of the year and then reevaluate. It’s so weird because it takes some people like a month or two to lose 10 beds and it’s taking me FOREVER because I’m not consistent with my eating. Anyway, when do you think you’ll go into maintenance?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Somze wrote: »
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Weigh-in #4: 139.2
    Weigh-in #5: 137.2
    Weigh-in #6: 137.2
    Weigh-in #7: 139.8
    Total loss: gained 1.8 pounds

I was unsuccessful this week because I was over on my calories pretty much every day. Stress eating is back with a vengeance and I am losing the battle so far. I am internally stressed, both because my 40th birthday is coming up and doing a mental inventory of my life so far, and because I am unhappy in my current job and making risky and scary moves to get out of my position and potentially my company.

Yes on exercise for all days but one. Absolutely not on food. I didn't track calories as well as before and when I did, I discovered that I was over on my calories by a lot every day.

I'll work on dealing with stress-eating and try to get back on track with CI/CO in myfitnesspal.

Best meal: Home-made gluten-free sandwich with ham and Havarti cheese
    Worst meal: Two tacos with cheese, rice and beans + a margarita - none of it I had calories for that evening
    Best snack: Almond butter pouches
    Worst snack: Mindless munching in front of TV that adds up 500 calories

Know you’re self worth. Make a career change with confidence. If you are undervalued to the point where you are bothered and you are overworked to the point where it’s affecting you physically, mentally or both.....go for it and don’t look back.
  • bribucks
    Options

Congrats on being close to your goal. I honestly don’t see how people keep up with cal cycling. Lol! I tried it for like 3 or 4 days. It was a no go for me. Too much to keep up with for me. I’ll be so happy when I get get close. I’m starting to get frustrated but I promised myself I’d keep going til the end of the year and then reevaluate. It’s so weird because it takes some people like a month or two to lose 10 beds and it’s taking me FOREVER because I’m not consistent with my eating. Anyway, when do you think you’ll go into maintenance?

I think I’ll just have to give it a shot and see if it works for me or not. MFP isn’t really set up for it, so I’m not sure if it will go well or not.

Should only be a few more weeks! My goal is 110 then switch to recomp. I’m losing just under 0.5 lbs/week.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Weigh-in #2: 199.0
    Weigh-in #3: 201.4
    Weigh-in #4: 198.2
    Weigh-in #5: 197.4
    Weigh-in #6: 197.0
    Weigh-in #7: 201.6

Ugh. Gotta love feeling bloated!
    - on my period, which just makes me want to eat chocolate nonstop and the scale to automatically go up (just for a few days usually)
    - I did ok with calories so I'm not worried about this temporary rise. Between the period, eating out yesterday and having pop (which I never usually have) , stress (sister had baby and it did NOT go well, yikes, but they are ok now) is enough for it to go up. Time to tighten up logging and take a breath in life. I need to get my schedule simplified. When life is chaotic I don't do well with food and stress.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? meal planned most days

Did you stick to your goals last week? Took my vitamins and meal planned, Prelogged.

Best meal: Salad
    Worst meal: Popeyes and it was delicious! haha. chicken tender, biscuit, cajun fries
    Best snack: Luna bar (s'mores)
    Worst snack: that darn halloween candy...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I won’t be weighing in until the 1st but I just want to exhale here...because I know I can. I’m feeling really down. So many of my MFP friends are losing weight, have a flat tummy, slim thighs and are lean. I know it’s my eating habits. They are so inconsistent....I keep gaining and losing the same 4-7 lbs. I think I really need to make every meal/snack count and cut out baked sweets and candy. I never consistently stick to my 1800 calorie allotment for more than a few days. I saw myself in a 360 mirror in the dressing room earlier today. I am still squishy and flabby and jiggly from the navel down to my knees. So disappointing. So frustrating. I literally want to give up at this point. :/
  • bribucks
    Options
    I was in a car accident today (unfortunately my fault). Dislocated my shoulder and had to pop it back in. Needless to say, that puts a halt on my exercise routine - no lifting for a while.

My car is likely totaled as well. :/ So the next few days are going to be full of the stress of all that.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I was in a car accident today (unfortunately my fault). Dislocated my shoulder and had to pop it back in. Needless to say, that puts a halt on my exercise routine - no lifting for a while.

My car is likely totaled as well. :/ So the next few days are going to be full of the stress of all that.

I’m so glad you are okay! We are here for you. Don’t worry about lifting. Take care of yourself.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I won’t be weighing in until the 1st but I just want to exhale here...because I know I can. I’m feeling really down. So many of my MFP friends are losing weight, have a flat tummy, slim thighs and are lean. I know it’s my eating habits. They are so inconsistent....I keep gaining and losing the same 4-7 lbs. I think I really need to make every meal/snack count and cut out baked sweets and candy. I never consistently stick to my 1800 calorie allotment for more than a few days. I saw myself in a 360 mirror in the dressing room earlier today. I am still squishy and flabby and jiggly from the navel down to my knees. So disappointing. So frustrating. I literally want to give up at this point. :/

Don't give up! You've come so far with your strength training and your knee, don't throw it away! I've been bouncing around the same 4-5 pounds for what feels like FOREVER too and it's SO frustrating but now that I've come out of my own funk I can see the light at the end of tunnel. Give yourself a break but stick with it, you can do this!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Weigh-in #2: 146.9
    Weigh in #3: 144.1
    Weigh in #4: 142.8
    Weigh in #5: 140.4
    Weigh in #6: 139.9
    Weigh in #7: 139.7
    Loss this week: .2 lbs
    Total Loss: 10.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose: 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs (by week 7: 10.5 lbs).

UGGGGGHHH! Second week of almost no loss. I am not cheating or overeating. However, I messed up my knee real bad, and I am unable to exercise. It is also pretty swollen. I have to just believe that I will begin losing again soon... but after over 20 weeks of steady loss, this is frustrating.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I could not exercise, but I stayed under my calorie goals every day.

Did you stick to your goals last week? No, I could not exercise. But I did stick to my calorie goals.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? I hope I can start working out again. But at this time I cannot even walk without pain in my knee, I am going to see a doctor this week if it does not improve.

Best meal: Shrimp and broccoli stir fry.
    Worst meal: Tacos at Islands Restaurant
  • Somze
    Options
    Hello ladies,

You were my very first friend on myfitnesspal. You have always been a big inspiration to me and not just for workouts and staying healthy, including now - you are volunteering your time to mediate this group. I see how you read everyone's posts and tailor your responses to very different people while trying to stay on top of your own goals. It's great. You can't give up! You can do it! I believe in you.
  • Somze
    Options

Wow, sorry to hear that. It's awesome that you are okay though.

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

Don't give up! You've come so far with your strength training and your knee, don't throw it away! I've been bouncing around the same 4-5 pounds for what feels like FOREVER too and it's SO frustrating but now that I've come out of my own funk I can see the light at the end of tunnel. Give yourself a break but stick with it, you can do this!

Thank you Marietta! My knee is better enough to workout without being in pain. I worked out today and I feel a little better and stayed within my calorie allotment. It’s definitely a mind thing; a mental battle.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Somze wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

You were my very first friend on myfitnesspal. You have always been a big inspiration to me and not just for workouts and staying healthy, including now - you are volunteering your time to mediate this group. I see how you read everyone's posts and tailor your responses to very different people while trying to stay on top of your own goals. It's great. You can't give up! You can do it! I believe in you.

Ahhh Paulina....this is the sweetest message EVER!!! I appreciate the encouragement so much! I literally felt a hug as I read your message. Thanks a bunch :blush:
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Oh no! I hope you are feeling ok today. Hang in there...
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Jess there is so much progress happening with your fitness that the eye can't see. You're still getting somewhere! I feel like recomp weeks are part of the game for some of us.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Weigh-in #2: 146.9
    Weigh in #3: 144.1
    Weigh in #4: 142.8
    Weigh in #5: 140.4
    Weigh in #6: 139.9
    Weigh in #7: 139.7
    Loss this week: .2 lbs
    Total Loss: 10.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose: 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs (by week 7: 10.5 lbs).

UGGGGGHHH! Second week of almost no loss. I am not cheating or overeating. However, I messed up my knee real bad, and I am unable to exercise. It is also pretty swollen. I have to just believe that I will begin losing again soon... but after over 20 weeks of steady loss, this is frustrating.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I could not exercise, but I stayed under my calorie goals every day.

Did you stick to your goals last week? No, I could not exercise. But I did stick to my calorie goals.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? I hope I can start working out again. But at this time I cannot even walk without pain in my knee, I am going to see a doctor this week if it does not improve.

Best meal: Shrimp and broccoli stir fry.
    Worst meal: Tacos at Islands Restaurant

Staying in your cal goals when you can't exercise is a huge win. I hope that knee feels better fast!
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Nicole 5'6"
    SW: 131
    HW: 142
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 133
    Weigh-in #5: 133.6
    Weigh-in #6: 132.9
    Weigh-in #7: 133.1

I've been maintaining around 133 all month. My jeans are looser in the bum and waist. I've got to keep trying to cut for the sake of my thighs.

Why I was unsuccessful
    - Didn't choose harder choices
    - Lazy logging, closing my diary the next morning
    - Lost my focus on cutting
    - Drank a lot of vodka sodas

Why I was successful:
    - maintained while still lifting weights so I can trust there's some recomposition going on.
    - My binge eating is sooo much improved
    - I can stop myself at maintenance calories
    - It's helping to stop eating at 8pm

Plan for this week
    - keep up the exercise.
    - hit my CI/CO goals.
    - get my focus back
    - Keep stress OUT!!!

Things are always going to be crazy for me, at least until the kids get out of these tough stages (the terrible twos and 14!!). Also my husband is really not well... I have to be 100% FOCUSED on handling my reactions to family stress better.

Because I still see snacks as a kinder alternative to fleeing to a yoga commune in Costa Rica or blacking things out with vodka.

Best snack - HB egg, grapes
    Worst snack - frozen yogurt, trail mix
This discussion has been closed.