Counting Carbs

Options
Darcy769
Darcy769 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
It's pretty quiet in this group, so I thought I would post.

I should lose about 150 lbs, to get to "Ideal" weight. Not fashion model great, but average weight for my height. So my Goal is 100 lbs, of which I have lost 24 lbs. Dropped from size 32 to size 28 jeans.

I have been doing the low-carb diet since November 2016 - keeping my carbs below 25/day. The hardest part about this diet was to give up the sugars (Carbs).

It has not been too hard for *ME* - once I got over the initial sugar/carb cravings. Protein keeps my blood sugar level "STABLE", and prevents the roller coaster that causes me to go looking for snacks. I like drinking Premier Protein Chocolate drinks. At 30g protein per shake, I drink one for breakfast, then sip on a second through out my morning. Many times used as creamer for my coffee.

My favorite snack is: Parmesean Cheese Crisps. I can snack on them all day, .5 carbs for every 15 crisps. I tried making my own, but so far, they have come out chewy, instead of crispy.

That's all for now

8738296.png

Replies

• billrosenberger
    billrosenberger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Darcy. Congratulations on your success so far. It is very difficult thing to lose so much weight. Being on a reduced carb woe is tough for me too because I love my breads and pastas. Those are my comfort foods. I can have a little bit, but very little. Keep up the good work. You got this.
  • fairytink2u
    fairytink2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on keto which is carb counting plus fat and protein. I have lost 20 pounds:)) 80 more to go!!
    So far I'm not missing anything:) the alter recipes are great! I love Pinterest for ideas!
  • MaxiePadd
    MaxiePadd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do best on low carb too, less hungry. I've lost 76lbs so far and my next mini goal is 100. I've learned to love my spiralized zucchini and yellow squash spaghetti. Great job! Every pound is a reason to celebrate and it does and up
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss everyone! @Darcy769 how do you like the Protein Premier in your coffee?