New to keto...but think I'm not doing it right

Options
Ok so I've been at keto for about a month im 32 year old female. Weight has always been a struggle..i very mich need to get a healthy lifestyle and over haul myself. I measured myself got my body fat percentage figured out my macros...ive been watching what I'm eating looking for all hidden carbs even in my vitamins...bit I don't see much change in my body or weight...im wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong...idk can someone share what they eat on a average day or if they do IF or anything any tips welcome.

Replies

• kr15tymartinez
    kr15tymartinez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food and macros
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Do you track your calorie intake and log your food? What's an example of your calories and foods for a day?

Also, some people are sensitive to sugar substitutes and/or dairy, which stalls their losses. Could you be over indulging in those?
  • Lizbethweat31
    Lizbethweat31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm tracking macros and calories. I'm eating between 1500 and 1600 calories as the calculator suggested. Examples of my food for the day is like eggs with a half a ounce of cream cheese and bacon for breakfast big salad without tomatoes and with steak or chicken for lunch and some ranch if I feel I need a snack it's like 82 grams of nuts or some cheese...and for dinner it could be fajita meat in a lettuce wrap or chicken and spinach. Now yes I do have swerve and I have made a no bake cheese cake recipe. Thanks guys all input welcome
  • Lalasouli
    Lalasouli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing it right to me! Just meet your protein goal, stay within your carb limit and use fat to help with hunger. You may want to cut out artificial sweeteners. After a little while you could add them back in and see how it affects you.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    What are you drinking?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    You say you don't see much change...how much change do you see? How much fat do you have to lose?
  • Lizbethweat31
    Lizbethweat31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking water only water sometimes I add a flavoring to it but only water.. I'm trying to lose about 70 to 80 pounds. I've only lost about 7 pounds within my first month maybe it's normal...i still haven't noticed a big change...think I'm just over thinking this. Also I can't really tell if I'm in ketosis...i have the urine sticks but I've heard those don't really work. Maybe I am doing this right and maybe it's just slow steady process. Thanks guys!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    You’re losing weight.
    It’s working.
    The urine sticks can give you a false negative but they cannot give a false positive.
    Think of them as that. Positive or negative. Color doesn’t mean anything. Any color at all indicates ketosis.
    If you are adding lots of fat to already high fat foods you don’t need to do that. Lots of people fail to lose weight because of adding too many calories by using adding too much fat.
    Just eat meat and whatever veg you like with normal amounts of fat for cooking. No need to add more to your plate.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    And get lots of salt. Low sodium can lead to increased insulin in an effort to retain sodium. If you’re insulin resistant, you don’t need that happening. It will interfere with weight loss.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Definitely great advice in the posts in this thread. I would like to add a few things that helped me, first don't just use the scale to measure success (weight can fluctuate a great deal day to day). Look at an overall trend of weight loss and other changes like slimming down. Next if possible start adding in some light exercise, I started by just walking, that is if you don't have conditions that limit such activities. Lastly I really did a lot of work on my stress management, so it might help to make sure you are getting a good nights sleep and have coping mechanisms in place to deal with stress. Chronic stress is horrible on the body and mind and can derail the best made plans regarding diet and exercise.

I also track all my calories and I am honest about it even when I mess up.

This WOE (way of eating) and exercise help with my stress levels so everything sort of balances out. I think you will start to notice changes given time. Also don't be afraid to mix things up and see what works best for you. I will try new things and see if that affects me in a positive or negative manner, if its negative I ditch it right away.
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add some cardio, that usually does it for me.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I first started I ate way too much fat and really didn’t lose much weight. Once I cut fat back to about 65-70% it helped. After 4 mnths I have lost about 35 lbs so not losing a ton every week but slowly coming off and after a few weeks it is definitely adding up. I weigh myself everyday but some days the number goes up. Means nothing to me anymore but when it drops to a new number I record it. IMF really helped me so I usually eat lunch n dinner and if I’m feeln it I do 24 hrs and go from dinner to dinner. Yes I get hungry but not overly and it passes. Waiting til dinner isn’t that big a deal. Keep moving forward and you will see it works.