Healthy Instant Pot Recipes?

cheryldumais
cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
Just bought an Instant pot and am looking for recipes that are healthy. Any of you guys using one and if so what are you cooking in it?

Replies

• caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    What exactly is an instant pot? Just curious.
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    I make a chicken chili.
    I use 3-4 chicken breasts, diced onion, garlic, with two cans of black beans, two cans of kidney beans, a can of corn, can of rotel (drain all cans - rinse beans), cook on low for 8 hours. I usually add chili powder, paprika, beef or chicken bouillon, and serve with chopped cilantro, diced jalapeños, and my kids stir in sour cream but you could use greek yogurt instead. I like it by itself. It would also be good served with diced avocado. I'm not sure the calories. But I found the recipe in a 'skinny taste' cookbook and not just wing it from the top of my head bc it was a hit with my kids.

I also make chicken with diced onion, garlic, diced carrots, and diced celery. Sometimes diced mushroom if I have it. Cook with chicken broth. Season with paprika and parsley. I serve it over quinoa for healthier option, but my kids eat it over mashed potatoes or rice. Sometimes I stir in a little bit of flour to thicken it up the sauce/gravy.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    What exactly is an instant pot? Just curious.

An Instant pot is an electric pressure cooker. It also doubles as a slow cooker, rice cooker and warmer.
  • wendhall
    wendhall Posts: 37 Member
    I made chicken soup in mine last night and stuffed peppers recently.
  • heatherkopacz
    heatherkopacz Posts: 14 Member
    I get my recipes off of Pinterest.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Love mine. I made banh mi bowls the chicken is amazing. littlespicejar.com/chicken-banh-mi-bowls/

Lately I have been batch cooking quinoa and brown rice for lunch. There is a small pressure cooking group started with some recipes there.
  • jdk322
    jdk322 Posts: 7 Member
    I just got an Instant Pot and am going to unbox it this week. I've found YouTube is a great source of recipes and inspiration. I'm also always looking for healthy, low calorie and/or low carb recipes. I'll try to post some here.
  • jdk322
    jdk322 Posts: 7 Member
    Instant Pot HEALTHY Dress-It Yourself Shredded Chicken

https://youtu.be/W-uS3yukzfI
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    chicken fajitas are my favorite thing to make in mine. Chicken, onions, peppers, seasoning package and 45 minutes to cook. We eat it over cauliflower rice for a low carb meal. Yum.