Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi @imali1984 - here seems a good a place as any! Best of luck resisting the temptations and getting your exercise back on track (you know you want to....)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone!

My name is Kelsea, I am 26 years old, and I live in northern Minnesota.

Today is my one year anniversary with the Ultimate Accountability Challenge! I’m not always the best at getting on here everyday, but the support and motivation that this group has given me has assisted me in making many healthy changes in my life.

I’ve lost 28 lbs in the last year and almost 50 lbs since my highest weight. Now, I am focused on maintaining my healthy habits and weight. I’m a Physician Assistant student, so this has been tricky, but I’ve managed it for the first two months, so I know I keep it up.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim. I am a mom of 3 - 22, 19 and 8. I have always battled my weight, since I was a child. I am a compulsive eater and sometimes I struggle with eating ALL the things. I started here a few years ago and lost 80 lbs. I had to stop for a while due to a medical issue. I am back now and trying to get back on track. It's hard! I struggle with focus and making time to do what I know I need to do (exercise, prep meals, etc). So daily logging and accountability should be a big help for me!
  • pedersen33
    pedersen33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey All I'm Jenn, and I just found this challenge today but hey its November 1st so i figured why not join in. I'm at my heaviest weight to date and I am not proud of it. I am investigating the options with bariatric surgery as I have been overweight my whole life and have yo-yoed alot in life with my weight.
  • kimmyannl
    kimmyannl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim. I am 32 years old and a mother of two; I have a 9 year old and a 1 year old. I have struggled with my weight all my life. After I had my 9 year old I lost a bit of weight to where I felt comfortable with myself. I was able to complete my first and only half marathon during that time. By the time I got pregnant with my one year old I had gained all my weight back plus an extra 10 lbs. Since May of this year I have lost about 40 lbs. I have a few short term goals of losing another 20 lbs, and then another 30 lbs after that. Ultimately I want to be healthy. I want to get off my high blood pressure medicine, I want to run again, I want to stay focused on my health and fitness goals.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm DeAnna, I go by Dee, or hey you. Ya know. Whatevs.

I'm 30, 5'9" and I'm currently coming back from being the heaviest I've ever been. I started at 245, holding at 229.8. Don't ever wanna go back there. I'm hoping this is the challenge I need to keep me going through most of the holiday season.

I eat pretty cleanly, y'all are welcome to check out my diary if you wanna be friends, and my preferred workouts are walks and long bike rides. I also love a good dance party in my kitchen with the dog.

Anyway, hi! Let's do the damn thing.
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Monica and I just received a kidney transplant this summer. 2 years ago I was at my lowest (187) after losing roughly 140 lbs. Since then, I gained 60 of it back after being on home dialysis and being very sedentary. I've now jumped back into the fight to lose it again and after 6 weeks of trying, but still gaining, I'm going to join you all for some inspiration and company. I tend to be a little too much under my calories (out of fear), but I have a new relationship with my treadmill now!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Jeepygirl
    Jeepygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Looks like I'm a day late, but that's par for the course for me. I'm Erica, 35, have an adorable 4 year old little boy. I also have a congenital heart defect that wasn't discovered until after I had my son and a dr realized I was in heart failure. Fun time, but it's been corrected with open heart surgery. Now I'm just working on being healthy so I can see my little guy grow up. I'm 5'2, starting weight 195. Current weight 185.
  • LouS8725
    LouS8725 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lou, I'm 30, live in Virginia, I have 3 younglings, and have been living with fibromyalgia for 16 years. I started using MFP in September because my post-baby weight loss had been at a plateau since June and my fibro flare ups had been more frequent. My goal in mid September was to lose the last 10 lbs of my baby weight (I had my youngest in late December) to get down to 125 (my pre-pregnancy weight). I'm 5'1", so that's a very reasonable goal. I also wanted to improve my overall quality of life, and diet has always been a key factor in managing my flare-ups. As of Monday I had lost 9.4 lbs and am currently less than a pound from my goal! I would like to maintain my weight in the 122-127 range. My biggest problem is I love, Love, LOVE sugar, which isn't helpful for either of my goals, so I need to stay accountable for my eating habits and MFP has been amazing. I love logging in every day and seeing the progress I've made and being able to know that I've made good, healthy food choices that will give my body what it needs to keep functioning as best it can, instead of a bunch of junk. This is my first time doing the UAC!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Carol, 70 years old from
    Kent in the UK. I am new to this challenge and hope it will help me refocus, I have managed to maintain my weight loss but need to shifty the stubborn weight that won't shift. If I get this wrong please let me know and guide me in the right direction. Thank you
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah. I do cardio for an hour and a half 5 days a week and lift weights for 30 minutes. Love cardio!

I want to eat better and stay within my calorie limit. Sweets are my biggest problem. I need to learn to eat a couple, not a dozen. I’m tired of fighting with the scale. I have managed to put some weight back on that I have lost.

I’m looking forward to this challenge! Good luck everyone!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ReDoableMe wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Monica and I just received a kidney transplant this summer. 2 years ago I was at my lowest (187) after losing roughly 140 lbs. Since then, I gained 60 of it back after being on home dialysis and being very sedentary. I've now jumped back into the fight to lose it again and after 6 weeks of trying, but still gaining, I'm going to join you all for some inspiration and company. I tend to be a little too much under my calories (out of fear), but I have a new relationship with my treadmill now!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks for sharing....what tips do you have for my friend who's new to dialysis...you look happy... in want them to be happy too
  • cin613
    cin613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cyndi, 29 yrs, 175 lbs. Over the years I have been trying to lose weight but not really giving my all. I’ve even managed to gain weight, eep. I feel newly motivated and joined this challenge-my first! Wish me luck!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    cin613 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Cyndi, 29 yrs, 175 lbs. Over the years I have been trying to lose weight but not really giving my all. I’ve even managed to gain weight, eep. I feel newly motivated and joined this challenge-my first! Wish me luck!

Good luck Cyndi
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    cin613 wrote: »

Good luck, Cyndi, you can do it!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Wow so many new people with such interesting stories. I'm Jodi. Married with two grown daughters. Will be 61 this month. I've been maintaining a 70 pound weight loss for about 7 years after a lifetime of yo-yoing. Sometimes it is just my way of life, sometimes it is an incredible struggle. Tracking on MFP is working for me. I love the challenges to keep me motivated.

Jodi, your such an inspiration...
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Daily accountability.. just what I am looking for! I am starting today .. for the habit of logging and staying within my calories, with thoughts of December being my first full month.
  • kristenpizz
    kristenpizz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I NEEEEEEED this! I love the way I feel when I exercise consistently, but I let life get in the way. Fred (my dog) and I will be participating!