1 fluid ounce of Nuts?

Options
SueMizzou52
SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
How is this possible? It surely can't be the same as a regular ounce. Why does this measurement seem to appear inappropriately on the food data base? A fluid ounce of cheese?

Replies

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Nut butter? Nacho cheese?

Just a wild guess...There are lots of crazy entries in the food database apparently....
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    There are many, many incorrect entries in the food database! You have found some examples of them.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    The database is user entered. So basically, some moron put it in that way and now it exists.
    I wouldn’t use any entry without verifying its accuracy first. Once you’ve used certain entries or created your own they will show up in your frequent food list and it gets easier from there
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A fluid ounce is a measure of volume so technically you could use it but who would? For the non-metric world most would measure nuts by fractional cup, eg. if I want a snack of nuts I measure out 1/4 cup. For me it's too easy to overeat if I don't have a controlled portion.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My visual was of a shot glass full of nuts - lol. Maybe it was a just a convenient way for someone to consistently measure how many they usually ate?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    This thread has some great advice on how to use the database. There are some really flaky things in it, but there is also a lot of verified entries as well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide#latest