Lowest carb option at McDonalds? (UK)

Options
As it's my son's birthday party tomorrow, i feel obliged to eat with him at his chosen eatery - MacDonalds (*groan*!). Normally i would just have a large diet coke and grab something ive prepared myself later, but on this special occasion it would feel a bit wrong for me not to eat with him.

So, im wondering if anyone knows the best option for us Ketoers to choose at Maccy D's? Obviously im thinking a bunless burger - but i imagine the Big Mac sauce, for example, would pack a fair few carbs.

Any idea, guys?. x

Replies

• grillinginthenameof
    Options
    In a pinch I sometimes order a double cheeseburger with no ketchup and I toss the buns, about 4 grams of net carbs. Not sure if they do breakfast all day in the UK, but sausage patties and scrambled eggs could also be a good choice.
  • physio52
    physio52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am n UK and if I go with the grandchildren I will have a salad bowl with grilled chicken and bacon which is 4 grams of carbs and quite tasty!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys x
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I just order straight meat. Not sure how they would handle that across the Atlantic, but they usually do fine here. Best of all, it's usually cheaper than the bunless burger.
  • abowman4221
    abowman4221 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went there yesterday and got a grilled chicken and side salad with a little bit of fat free Italian dressing. I am not sure how many carbs it was exactly, but it was not that much. It is logged in my diary if you want to know for sure.
  • RobinSturgeon
    RobinSturgeon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the quarter pounder with cheese bLT. No bun. Filling and delicious!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Here in Canada we have options like guacamole, jalapenos, mozzarella, or monterey jack pepper cheese you can get to top off your grilled chicken breast or burger patties, get them to throw on extra pickles lettuce and tomato if you like, top with mayo if you need to. Not sure what's available in the UK though.
  • canadjineh
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bunless Jamaican Chicken done with grill breast NOT Crispy breast, tell them to go light on the jerk sauce, but add extra bacon and Jack cheese. Just checked online at the McD's GB site. That sounds tasty, wish we had that one in Canada.
    They also have a grilled chicken & bacon salad - top with a full fat Caesar dressing if available, if not just get vinegar packet and mayo to top (with salsa packet for a change.)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Any meat and veg combo. Skip the bun. Also skip the McFurries, lattes, cookies and sundaes.

If you must have one of the latter to celebrate (I understand this celebratory thought/action and partake myself on occasion), have a couple bites and deem yourself full. Better in the trash than in your belly or home freezer. Your birthday celebration might be over by now. Hope it went well. If not, fagetaboutit and enjoy the rest of your day back on track.

Per your profile, you are nearly at (if not at) desired body weight and desired body fat %. Get to the gym and focus on your recomp. You'll burn off the carbs.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I like a McDouble, no bun, no onion, extra pickles. Cheap and low carb. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I’m in the US but I always just get quarter pound patties with cheese.
    I’ve come across some locations lately that don’t have the ability to ring up just the meat. If their mobile app is available there, check that out because here I am finding buy one get one free sandwich deals and I end up with 4 quarter pound patties with cheese for less than $5.
    I actually just had that today because I’ve been out running around all day.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I like a McDouble, no bun, no onion, extra pickles. Cheap and low carb. :)

In my area I was getting the McDouble and one of the staff told me I can get all the same size patty for 60 cents each. With a bun the McDouble is $1.39 with or without cheese locally. For lunch I had $1 coffee plus one refill with a total of 16 creams, a side salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and 4 patties, 8 mustard packs and two side cups of dehydrated chopped onion.

However this not as good of a deal as 4 quarter pound patties. :)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have it in the UK, but I bought their artisan grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and it was 160 cal; 2 carb; 4 fat & 29 protein. It was good! It comes with the sauce, lettuce and tomato. You could probably leave off the tomato as I'm sure that's where a carb might lurk. LOL!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Choose the Wendy's Triple Baconator lettuce wrap (no bun). That's my go-to when I need a hunk of hot keto lunch - add a side salad with Lemon Caesar dressing if you're really hungry. Sorry, not McD's though.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Triple Baconator? OMG.....is that regular menu option or did you add an extra patty? I love the Baconator....That's my go to as well.....
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @swezeytba, it's on the regular menu, bwahahahah! The best evah!