Feeling Great!

Options
rklein71
rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
I am 46 years old, 5'0" and as of October 19th weighed 204. I have regular blood tests due to a cancer diagnosis last year. I had my latest blood tests on October 11th and received a letter from my doctor with words like "heart attack" and "stroke" due to my high sugar levels and cholesterol. On October 19th I had an appointment with my doctor and we discussed my lab results. At that time she told me she wanted me on a diet consisting of 1200 calories per day, low carb, high fat. She did not tiptoe around the fact that I needed to make a serious change in my lifestyle if I wanted to avoid those words above in quotes. I was concerned with how I would adjust to such changes. I am happy to say I am loving this! I have had stomach issues for the past 20+ years, complain daily of stomach issues, am on ulcer medication, am so tired, crabby, and lazy every single day, UNTIL NOW. I feel amazing! I have had no issues at all with my stomach issues, no headaches, tons of energy, and no feelings of missing out on anything I used to eat (well, except for the Halloween candy :smile:). I haven't felt so positive about life in many, many years. I am still struggling a bit with food ideas, but have stayed within my daily limits every day. I am just so pumped!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    This is incredible and inspiring. I hope you only feel better from here!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great to hear you're doing so well. Keto/low carb is good for what ails many.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...this is so friggin' awesome!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, good for you!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :) I love sories like this! Congrats!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Really happy for you! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • damorere
    damorere Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it is going so well. Also WOW! A doctor who prescribed a LCHF diet! Awesome!
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Excellent. You are lucky to have such a doctor
  • RobinSturgeon
    RobinSturgeon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!! It's a great feeling! My hair actually started growing in when I cut the sugar. It really is poison!!! Best of luck! Keep checking in here for ideas and go to Instagram. There's loads of motivating keto friends on there. I'm "Muskokaketo " if your wanting a keto friend on it.