Looking for friends:) keto buddy

Options
sharing some routines , recipe and changes .. looking for motivation and get healthy together

Replies

• zombiebarbie26
    zombiebarbie26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Go team!! <3
  • oceangoddess2017
    oceangoddess2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • officialrobszie
    officialrobszie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

lets do it !!
  • officialrobszie
    Options
    Go team!! <3

team sexy and healthy !
  • zombiebarbie26
    zombiebarbie26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I loved potatoes to death!! Made them every chance I could! You can do this!! <3
  • korilee74
    korilee74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 1st day too! Sort of. Stepping in slowly...until I get the temptations cleared out of the house and the "reading" part done. Baby steps! Kudos for lasting till Dinner!!!
  • inaniel88
    inaniel88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...added all you guys..
  • officialrobszie
    Options
    korilee74 wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone - I don't do well with selfies, so no profile pick at the moment...I'll try to get my dd to help me :) thats dated shorthand for dear daughter in case thats no longer in use these days. Married 22 years, 3 Kids (2) in College, (1) still in HS, 40+ & 235lb on a 5'2" frame...my knees hate me...hoping Keto will be my thing :) - Tried the Butter Coffee this morning....LOVED IT!....done the low carb thing before, lost 20 lbs, kept it off for 10 years, now i've balooned to my biggest :( .... I'm afraid potatoes are my worst enemy :( ... I could live w/o sugar - but potatos...man...they are LITERALLY killing me.

Hope to learn much with and from you :)

Hope that wasn't TMI for a 1st greeting!

~Kori

Hello friend:)
    kindda feel the same , esp with potatoes... omg .. sugar... i am sweet tooth like i go cray without em . so what i do . i make alternatives like fatbombs .. omg u will indulge it i swear .. its just easy recipe . taste like ice cream :) all u need (cocoa bar pure no sugar, coconut oil, creamcheese, stevia, vanilla extract )
  • officialrobszie
    Options
    varselle wrote: »
    I'm a chocoholic and sugar addict! Although I do love potatoes as well. My knees are telling me to lose weight also! I am 5'2" and 288 lbs. i just want to finally be successful, be healthy, and feel healthy. I just started Keto today and did really good until this evening

Fatbombs ,cheesecake ! omg! precious stuff with this diet . coz low carb. bhut careful with carbs . maintain it lower 20g :)
  • officialrobszie
    Options
    inaniel88 wrote: »
    Hi...added all you guys..

welcome to da club of hawttie ♡♡♡
    lets do this ^^
  • Nana_nyc
    Nana_nyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the keto lifestyle too. I’ve been trying different keto recipes and they are not that great lol I’m sure I’m doing something wrong lol. My weakness is sweets, breads too lol. Could really use the guidance and I feel like this is something I can do long term. Feel free to add me too :)
  • korilee74
    korilee74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Checkout Cooking Keto with Kristie on you tube, she does lots of keto baking and she's Los over 90 lbs!!!
  • 87jeppy
    87jeppy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I haven't had any cravings (yet) and seem to be doing ok with simple recipes I found. Hope to keep this going!
  • Phillippa_B
    Phillippa_B Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started it today for the first time. My husband has done it before tbough with great results!
  • sarahm0486
    sarahm0486 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto is the best!! I lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks, then kind of fell off the wagon with horrible vacation diets. Lol. Back to it starting today!! :)

If you're brand new to keto, get used to using all sorts of ingredients with weird names in your baking! :)
  • knoxnaman27
    knoxnaman27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up week 2 and feeling more comfortable with each day. Will record progress on Monday (start of week 3). My Keto Mojo came in yesterday and first recordings were 4.0 mmol. Took the family out for Pho today and went a little liberal as I didn’t want to split hairs and just enjoy the moments. 2 hours later recorded numbers and was still sitting at 2.2 mmol. Going to lab rat myself for the next week or so to find my personal carb comfort zone while remaining in Ketosis, seems like anywhere from 20-45g and I’m safe but it’s still early to be definitive. As stated earlier, getting more comfortable with each passing day and can attest to more mental clarity and far less craving. Here’s to all working towards their better and more healthier self. Be it Keto or just adopting a healthier lifestyle.

TL:DR - KCKO
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've been playing around with Keto recipes for a few weeks, but finally bit the bullet on Wed, Nov 1st when I gave up the wine. Wine and cheese are my biggest weaknesses. I already have more energy. The 100+ grams of fat I'm supposed to ingest runs counter to everything I've ever been taught (raised in the 80s), but I'm willing to experiment. I bought Keto strips but haven't used them yet. I know it can take a while to get into ketosis. I have a question about carbs vs net carbs. Which do you go by carbs or net carbs? I've read books that go either way. It seems with just carbs, I'm not getting very many veggies. My diary is open if anyone wants to look and advise me. Thanks!