What do you struggle the most with?

Options
Share your struggles? Are you struggling with your food, your workouts or maybe motivation?

Replies

• marvavlewis
    marvavlewis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All the above lol
  • _julianne_fiastro
    _julianne_fiastro Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My struggles vary week to week but lately it's been finding time at the gym. I was religious about going every morning at 5:30AM, and then i just fell off the wagon. I contend that weight-loss in 90% diet and 10% exercise but the exercise helps keep me accountable.

I would also add that being accountable to someone (anyone) is a big struggle for me. Hopefully this group will help.
  • success4amanda
    success4amanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tjulgrim wrote: »
    My struggles vary week to week but lately it's been finding time at the gym. I was religious about going every morning at 5:30AM, and then i just fell off the wagon. I contend that weight-loss in 90% diet and 10% exercise but the exercise helps keep me accountable.

I would also add that being accountable to someone (anyone) is a big struggle for me. Hopefully this group will help.

I feel the same about exercise! I know that is a small portion, but it is the glue that helps keep it all together for me. And if I am slacking on that I am more likely to slack in other area.
  • annajo221
    annajo221 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me it is the exercise. I find it painful right now and then use that as an excuse. In the past I learned to love-hate it. I remember the feeling after a workout and it was a really good feeling. I just have to get over that start.
    My goal this week is to clear out a space to exercise, have the videos I like line up and ready to go, dust off and do some maintenance on the treadmill so that it is ready to go as soon as I get down the max weight to use it.
    Got to get moving!
  • success4amanda
    success4amanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    annajo221 wrote: »
    For me it is the exercise. I find it painful right now and then use that as an excuse. In the past I learned to love-hate it. I remember the feeling after a workout and it was a really good feeling. I just have to get over that start.
    My goal this week is to clear out a space to exercise, have the videos I like line up and ready to go, dust off and do some maintenance on the treadmill so that it is ready to go as soon as I get down the max weight to use it.
    Got to get moving!

How did you do this last week? Did you get a space cleared out to exercise? You got this!
  • annajo221
    annajo221 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How did you do this last week? Did you get a space cleared out to exercise? You got this!
    annajo221 wrote: »
    Got to get moving!

Nope. But I did walk around Costco for 30 minutes. Was in pain when I left but had recovered by morning! That's an improvement. And yes, I am still planning on getting that space done, Because it is busy during the week, my new deadline is 3pm Saturday. I figure I can camp out in the basement and work on it while I get the weeks laundry done.
    *Thanks for asking. The accountability helps!
  • tashagwen
    tashagwen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just joined the group.
    Energy. Tired a lot.
    Its hard to eat healthy when I also have to feed my picky hubby & kids. The less time I spend in the kitchen the better.

If I had a buddy to workout with & be on this journey with it would make it much more easier. Lol. Doing everything alone is boring.. and lonely.
  • hotpeppersweet
    hotpeppersweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tashagwen wrote: »
    Hello. Just joined the group.
    Energy. Tired a lot.
    Its hard to eat healthy when I also have to feed my picky hubby & kids. The less time I spend in the kitchen the better.

If I had a buddy to workout with & be on this journey with it would make it much more easier. Lol. Doing everything alone is boring.. and lonely.

I agree. I wish I had someone that I could go to the gym with, or just go for a run, or maybe play a casual sport with.
  • zolettastrega
    zolettastrega Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are any of you doing KETO or low-carb? I struggle with drinking enough water, and keeping my sodium levels down, but also with craving fruit and fruit juices. I'm not even trying to exercise right now...I have fibromyalgia and three slipped disks in my back. It hurts too much. I'm waiting to see if I'll get any pain relief once I make it under 200, again. So far, I've lost 9 pounds in 16 days.