Thighsman Trophys

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Here is your team - Please check the fitness and nutrition tabs to log your information.

Thighsman Trophys

MrTubbs
Nisijam5
nwachin
135terry

Replies

• nisijam5
    Options
    Ok, the teams are small and I will cut down the weeks to end by 12/29. I make teams by distributing the weights evenly and trying to mix new and previous players.

The winner of this week will enjoy a 1 lb. advantage and the winner of this week will get a 0.5 lb. advantage.

The nutrition challenge focuses on the white carbs, reference the chart to log those. The rest is simply logging your calories and drinking water.
    Fitness this weekend is burning calories with exercise and some ab work.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey team - it's daylight savings and we have an extra hour to exercise, right? Ha, ha.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and spent about $300 on all kinds of stuff. Goal is to pack lunches and not eat out for dinner. It's amazing how eating out has so many calories to it. Although, Olive Garden does have the soup and salad for lunches which is pretty low cal.

I am so excited that 9Rounds is opening by my house. Its 30 minutes of HIIT training and boom your done. I did it first in Chicago and loved that you can go at anytime, work with trainers and they mix up the circuits. I have waiting for about 2 years hoping that one would come.

I'm also going to download some C25K podcasts and start a running program. I get an hour for lunch so it's perfect to use that time for exercise. Goal is to do the 10K Get Lucky run in March.

Ugh, I am so out of shape that it's ridiculous.
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm mentally excited to work out. But, my body just won't allow it. So, I'll try to motivate our team in the meantime. 2 weeks until my CT scan.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Take care of yourself Tubbs!! Can you ride a bike or swim? I hope your CT shows something promising. I'll be sending good vibes your way! Don't you have Thanksgiving soon? Let me know if you need to weigh-in early.

I made a new veggie tonight - I roasted beets, sweet potatoes, and a trio of small potatoes with OO, salt and pepper. While they were roasted, I diced 2 slices of bacon and a small onion. I caramelized the onion with the bacon and threw it all with the hash. Delish - apples would have been nice too.

I tried to find a daikon radish for an asian dinner that I want to make. I am not sure what they taste like - but, they are supposed to be milder than the typical red radishes that we have in the stores. I am going to throw short ribs in the slow cooker with kalbi sauce, sticky rice, pea-pods and carrot.

I downloaded my podcast for the C25K and I will start that tomorrow at lunch.

I bowled yesterday but dont count that as exercise because I am drinking vodka while doing it. LOL B)
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    I can't bike yet. I might buy a decompression belt so that I can sit without pain so I can go on my recumbent bike.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, thumped on the treadmill tonight - for a 5K. Yikes, it took almost an hour with warm up and cool down. I guess there is no where else to go except faster.

Logged the calories and I am in line with a deficit.

Believe it or not, I am thinking about Christmas shopping. I want it done early this year.

Peace out!!
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Alright, decompression belt ordered!! I won't get it for over a week though. I have high hopes this will get me working out again... or at least walking upright.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Tubbs, I know the competitive beast is lurking and ready. LOL.

I almost died doing the Cindy Whitmarsh less is more video. It's only 30 minutes and always seems to go fast. It's the first strength that I have done in months.

My training is almost over at the new job and I will be alone in my office. I already envision breaking out my yoga mat for some quickies!! B)
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Oh, how I'd love to let my competitive side out.

I've been held captive by this injury too long.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am so sore today - and, it 's 5K day!! I am still contemplating signing up for the Get Lucky run on 3/11 for St. Paddies Day. It's a 10K so I am nervous about it - plus, it will probably be cold which I am not a fan of.

More logging today, ugh!! I hate to log the food.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Week 1 - 5k at 54:48 - 18:16 min/mile. There's lots of improvement to be made. 609 calories burned and I need everyone for pizza. God grant me some self control!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi team,
    Just found this site. I'm not very techy lol.

Also just realized we should be posting activity and food on spreadsheets. I'm in a couple of other challenges so my exercise and food was already being logged so I just had to update team spreadsheets to reflect my week.

No whites is also really easy for me to track as I'm on a keto diet and do not eat any whites at all.

Didn't realize that abs was a challenge for this week, so have not done any. Will try and do some ab work tonight.

Great work everyone. Hope the scales reflect some losses tomorrow. :)

• MrTubbs
    Options
    I received by belt in the mail. I'm supposed to work up to wearing it for any duration. If this speeds up my recovery and decreases my pain meds I'll count it as money well spent. I'm eager to exercise "with" you.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I drank too much wine last night!! I don't drink during the week and then on the weekend I go balls out. I think I am going to try and phase out at least Friday nights and just keep my Saturday as my indulgences.

We have to put our kitty down today and I am not looking forward to it. Also, have to pick up hubs from the airport at midnight which I am not happy about either. Plus, it's a crappy grey day out there.

Tubbs - I hope you feel better. Can you also do an inversion table for relief?
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    I haven't tried the inversion table. I thought I'd try the decompression belt since I can walk and work with it on. My CT is this Saturday, so hopefully I'll know soon what is the best course of action. Acupuncture has helped a lot.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ok, so I was horrible this weekend and I am going to plan next weekend much, much better. My new gym is opening on December 1st and I'm so excited. I think it will be a game changer.

Today - 5K, bringing my lunch to work.
    Tomorrow - 30 HIIT
    Wednesday - 5K
    Thursday - break
    Friday - 5k
    Saturday - 30 HIIT/or strength

Food - Reduce the white stuff - I've pulled out some of my healthier cookbooks for inspiration. Plus, I really need to start utilizing the crockpot. I never really got into it and I think it's because I only worked part time for so long.

I have been reading the benefits of homemade broths, seams like it's easy enough to do. Then, I can jar it and freeze. I will have to find me some bones!!

• 135terry
    Options
    @MrTubbs, hope the belt you ordered helps.

@nisijam5, I hear you about the wine on weekends. I almost always use up all my extra earned calories on the weekend because of the wine :)

If you are looking for a good slow cooker recipe, I made low carb, crockpot unstuffed cabbage roll soup yesterday and it was really good. You use cauliflower rice in place of rice, so keeps it low carb, but you'd never know I did not use real rice.

Good luck this week!
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,please can someone explain to me how to log this week's challenges.how do i log if i have had pizza one day of the 7 days?thanks
  • 135terry
    Options
    nwachim wrote: »
    Hi Team,please can someone explain to me how to log this week's challenges.how do i log if i have had pizza one day of the 7 days?thanks

Hi @nwachim . I am recording a point for every time I met the goal. For example if I ate pizza one day out of 7, meaning 6 out of 7 days I didn't, I would record as 6/7.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    135terry wrote: »
    nwachim wrote: »

Hi @nwachim . I am recording a point for every time I met the goal. For example if I ate pizza one day out of 7, meaning 6 out of 7 days I didn't, I would record as 6/7.

ok! i get it.thank you! and thanks you for all the work you put into this