Chinese restaurants

I'm going for lunch today with my co-workers and they've picked a Chinese restaurant. Does anyone know what I can eat? I'm worried about MSG - does anyone know anything about MSG on a Keto diet?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2017
    I always get plain steamed chicken and broccoli. I ask for tamari and chili or sesame oil.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Some places use MSG, but most don't these days. The only way you'll be able to know is to ask.

As far as MSG specifically while on a ketogenic diet, I've not heard anything specifically, @Sandypants2017

What is your main concern?

As far as what you can get...any steamed meat/veggie combo is good. I like shrimp (seems indulgent) or beef/chicken, etc. Avoid fake crab if you can (higher in carbs that real crab). Uses sauces as only an accent, not drenching things.

If you want to have something like sushi, set yourself a limit ahead of time, or ask them two swap out extra veggies for the rice, etc.

If it is a buffet, just stay away from things like sesame chicken where it's a sweetened sauce. If you have an online menu link, we can look in more detail, if you like...
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you ladies, I’ve decided to opt for green tea and I will have something back at work that I know is keto friendly, just safer that way