Had a donut Friday night

Options
MindfulNat
MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
And now I can't stop eating sugar. I did a crazy cardio workout Saturday morning to burn off the donut but last night I had cookies, croissant, Halloween candy... it's coming back all over again.
Any advice ?? I have been keto for a little over 2 months and felt amazing

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Remember how you did it before and remember why you started. Come back to this thread over and over and recognize how your food restriction is altering your behavior with excessive workouts and food binges. An alternative is to make your food selections a CHOICE and internalize that concept. Your comment of 'felt amazing" may help help with this.

Clean up your food environment as much as possible. I realize this is easier for some (me, no children in the house) than others. Keep the trigger foods as much out of sight and unavailable as possible.

Don't let yourself get too hungry and always have what you personally believe to be a better CHOICE (there's that word again) available. Keep practicing. You may never be perfect but you will get better with your choices. What's done is done. Learn and move forward.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    If it's an evening binge you are falling down over why not have things like a few nuts, cheese, cold meats. I know they aren't sweet but that's the point and also if you feel you need to eat something at that time at least they aren't throwing out your keto and that might make you feel better emotionally about 'breaking' keto because you won't be!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Blunt post:

Willpower.
    Nobody can do it for you, but there again, nobody held a gun to your head, made you open wide and take a bite either.

Let's say you were so angry, but so angry with a guy who carved you up in traffic, and flipped you the finger, that you really, but really feel like crashing into his door and jamming him in the car.
    You feel murderous, right?
    but would you actually do it?
    No.
    Why?
    Because it's not right, it's not good, and you could hurt yourself.

look upon eating sugars as deliberately crashing your car into another person.
    If you can resist the temptation to do some damage, you can easily resist the temptation to do yourself some damage.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    If you're an alcoholic, it's helpful to get the booze out of sight and out of reach.... ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Get rid of that crap.
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! All your comments are so motivational to me. I had a good day today... no sugars and back on keto type foods. I also went for a run to get the negative energy out of my system too. And yes it is all willpower !!! I won't be perfect but I'll never give up
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We are all there at some point! I am trying to convince myself to have cheat days on the weekend, to introduce fruit back. Maybe some other not so low carb options on the weekends. But as we all know the weekend will turn into an additional day during the week, then two and before you know it - game over.