Week 6 Daily Exercise, Chat, Encouragement, and Discussion

Options
Last week was a complete disaster. Had so much stress from work I didn't work out, didn't journal, didn't post, didn't control my life, didn't control my discipline. Feel so bloated and crappy. Already meal prepped for the week though. With football ending last friday, I have my Sundays back to meal prep and focus on my exercise for the week. Wrestling practive starts tomorrow, so hoping to use those practices as an additional workout for the day.

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You can do this @burly_man308 !

• plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in:

You know the good thing about having to go into work at 3am on a Sunday then having to teach a bunch of hyperactive kids for 3 hours? You crash for the rest of the day. And the good thing about crashing the rest of the day? You can't sleep and eat! Ended up having cereal for breakfast and pizza for lunch. But didn't eat a thing else. It all worked out.

Another plus is I got a workout in since I had to take 30 35lb metal racks down 2 flights of stairs then lift them into position anywhere between waist high or 6 inches above my head.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Wow! Anjelik! That's a workout!! You win the workout prize!!!!
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Does anyone have good info about how to partition macros? I get so much mixed information from Google. Trying to fit in pizza and ice cream ;-P haha (Is that the junk macro? Can I set that to 80?)

I walked a lot yesterday, not too far but for a long time -- SO HUNGRY today, lol. But I'm feeling better and I did my hair and my spirits are up.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @OregonRunner5

A friend of mine went to a dietician and she recommended 50 carbs, 25 fats, 25 protein. I've been using that and it's been working for me.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    @plainanjelik -- Hey thanks, I'll take a look at editing my macros. I'm not sure if I am so good at sticking to stuff, I often just eat but I should probably start watching those :)
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Today I tried out Intermittant Fasting, last time didn’t go so well which was last year, but today wasn’t so bad. I have made a lot of changes to how I eat and what I eat since last year and CCRDragon mentioned easing into it so today I broke my fast at 1:30pm, and hope to work up to 3pm in a month or so gradually. I was kinda worried I would be so hungry I would just go out and find Taco Bell and spend $30, but had a smoothie, some eggs and tomatoes and then veggie / turkey soup. Not too bad. I only had water with a little himalyan salt in it until time to eat - I think last time I was trying to drink coffee and stuff. I hope it works, it was nice to feel better. I hope the energy hangs in there - if I can make it past day four without any migraines, stomach / GI disaster, electrolytes way out of balance etc. — then it will be golden.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Diary and exercise completed!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,367 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Haven't posted in a couple of days - been dealing with a sick kid and crazy work schedules. My daughter got a stomach bug and missed the last couple of days of school, but she's back in school today and work has calmed some so here I am!

Completed my diary Monday and Tuesday but not yesterday.

Good luck with the IF Oregon - I find for myself it is just the natural way that I eat and it makes it much easier to control my calories. If I eat early, I will usually eat often which is a disaster.

Good to hear you have also regained your focus, Burly!

Hope everyone else is well and continuing the process!!
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    @ccrdragon — absolutely love IF, I just didn’t do it the right way last time. This go around is totally different. Last time I read to sip coffee and drink broth — none of that this time. Just mineral water. I feel so much better there aren’t words to describe it. Even if I don’t lose weight, I am going to stick with it. With all my health issues, it just feels like my body gets a break and time to heal and it’s amazing. I’m going to try to get more low-carb with time and cut calories but right now just adapting to the eating window and how to be hungry. Taking it slowly. My mood is better too. Last time I was super grouchy, but I think with the broth and coffee stuff it just kept my insulin up all day and I was starving. Just been mellow and happy this go around - thus far. It’s day 3 and feeling great.

I did get into the cupcakes last night a bit - but back on track. (They really were so good though *sigh*)

Been out in the woods hunting mushrooms, found some neat ones for my Nature Notebook I’m keeping this year. I don’t pick them just photograph them.

nyv6betor_PHWbx_NGn_QC4_Hi_Zaxjfymg_Hqyg_Drg_Un77_JI6_DXG3_Zp7_Cu_HO0_Lws_OMe_Xe8oge6k5_B05dil_Lydnc_AAc_9a_Uaw7_XLx_Qs_LODee_Ny_XYw_qa_Az_R6_Bzg_Um_GHWfqdy_IBCIy_KC4_JRZl8_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Fly Agaric, used as the mushroom in Alice in Wonderland, slightly psychoactive / poisonous

ozjb_UF3_Dmr_G_Qgnrh_D94_Rh_YVl_OEY1y_WFUfb6_Z8_F6_PTBFH8c76o_ZObm_ZIs_DDeyi_Iw_FOr_HTA_b_H7_Kdb_BDTvx_Tf_S9_I2h_HVq_LC_Og2_B6_t_W3_5_TYPBNEHUrw4y5k6_Qy_Pwz_Cwy_Hw_G18dgx_Y_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

This is the largest mushroom I’ve found yet - holy cow, almost skipped right past it too. Ganoderma Lingzi or “Immortality mushroom” has some active compounds that fight tumor growth and stuff and has been used in medicine for 2,000 years so says Wikipedia. How neat! the name means glistening, it was kinda squishy and weird, unlike a bracket fungus that is tough and wood-like.

Been really quiet around here, what is everyone up to?

• meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished but not a good diary today!! Will do better tomorrow!! Work on squats today 120 squats! :smiley:
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @OregonRunner5 wow those are amazing! Never seen anything like that outside a fantasy movie
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    My week has been sucking big time. I don't think I've successfully logged a full day of food and walking 2 miles to the bus stop yesterday was all the exercise I've done this week. I feel like once one part of my life falls to pieces everything else falls off with it. Got to work on compartmentalization. My 21 year old car broke down on me again this week and cost nearly 400 to repair. I really need a new one however new car and paying out of pocket for grad school do not go hand in hand.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Today is going significantly better than any other day this week. I actually managed to cook which definitely help to curb the calories. Also being at home today allowed for me to get a bit of a workout in.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    @plainanjelik — hang in there, you’re doing great. :-) What is your major in grad school?
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @OregonRunner5 Thanks! I'm doing a Masters in Public Health with a focus on Epidemiology.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    @plainanjelik — Oh cool! That’s a really interesting field. I’ve been studying fungi because up here in the PNW we have an unusually high number / variety of species and sub species and rare types and I found out that we have a type of fungus that will, often fatally, infect people. It is from the tropics originally but was brought in on plants / shrubs and once here has continued to mutate and change slightly to become a public health hazard mostly for dogs, cats, and people with impaired immune systems. What I found was really intriguing though was that is communicable between person to person, it can be caught just like a virus or a bacterium. The fungi is so dangerous that it kills 25% of people infected although they cautiously say it’s rare etc. etc.

I thought it was interesting because I’ve heard for years how agriculture gives rise to super bugs but I wonder if people would be prepared to face off with fungi when we destroy habitat and have been busy creating an entirely new biome system for them to adapt to and exploit.

I was back stomping around the woods today but my health isn’t great and it took a lot more out of me then I would like to admit and my GI hurt with the IBD threatening to flare up. Last time I got really depressed and down my GI was flaring, and today it was acting up and felt really down and defeated out there as people ran past me, dogs ran past me, Douglas Squirrels ran past me — I was the slowest creature in the woods except for one cold-hardy slug on the side of the visitors center / museum complex. But I think really maybe I just feel depressed when my GI acts up because I stop getting the nutrients I need from food.

I didn’t do very well with the intermittent fasting this weekend because I had to walk 5 miles of hills through the woods in the cold and the rain two days in a row (although today I took a shortcut back, didn’t do my full assigned loop). I just got too hungry I suppose and didn’t have enough gas in my tank. It will take time to fine tune my approach I reckon.

Volunteering for the National Park is pretty amazing. We had a special couple of days for Veterans Day welcoming in our Veterans and sharing history with people and making them feel safe and okay on the trails (14 miles of trail in the park!) I really like the people out there and as a shut-in / introvert it does me a lot of good to just get out.

Hope you all are having a great weekend, for me its when I struggle the most with food. I suspect my weigh in this week is going to be a + not a minus, but I did feel better all week and got a lot done so that’s in the right direction.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @OregonRunner5 That's scary amazing!

I really hope you feel better soon! Don't worry about being the slowest creature in the forest as long as you're moving you're doing a whole heck of a lot more than many people :D
  • meat513
    Options
    My diary and exercise completed from 10-11
    Squats 80
    Steps 11,899