Why I don't Deserve to drop the weight!

kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I have thought long and hard on this and decided to address the topic of why I don't deserve to lose the weight. We are often told how when we are dropping the weight we deserve it, we worked at it, we are a great friend, wife, sister, mother, grandmother, father, son person! But let's talk about when we slip up, when we gain back that loss when we self sabotage, when we fail. That is when we need to ask why do we not deserve to lose the weight? When we are dropping the weight, we feel different. DO you feel confident, a little sexier, more successful? If we feel any of these things what happens? Why do we gain? Why do we binge or make bad decisions? It's something we all need to think about or we are going to fail. For me I have battled the same 10 pounds that would get me to Onederland. Why? I think it's because getting to that milestone could set me up for gaining it back and than being a failure. So I self sabotage to keep myself from failing yet by doing so I am still failing. Next time you step on the scale and are down with the weight or you slip into those jeans that use to be tight, enjoy that moment. Remember that feeling and tuck it away to draw on when the fear of failure creeps in. This is a battle and you must arm yourself in order to win. You CAN win, You DO deserve this! You must convince yourself of it.

Replies

• Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    I too keep fighting the same 5-10 pounds...lose a little, gain a little, lose a little, gain a little. I don't want to maintain. I want to lose. But I am comfortable and I am not putting in the effort I need to to lose it. I want to lose it, but I guess I don't want to do it bad enough. I am going to try to change that this week. It's time. I have to.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Thank you kayjosh2422 for addressing this. We are here to support each other. Unfortunately to reach our goals we need to "work" at forming the good habits needed to lose. Yes, we have to make the effort!

So, today.... one day at a time, I will drink my water, 10 mins on my mini trampoline, and eat sensibly.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    I've given this subject much thought over the years. I don't think it's about 'deserving' to lose the weight - it's about 'doing what it takes' to lose the weight. I re-gain the weight for various reasons: I have a tendency to lose a certain amount of weight, I look better, I feel better - and then I become complacent. I forget that I have to WORK at it EVERY day and that I have to make it a priority. I allow myself to go back to my old habits but then wonder why I am regaining the weight. I need to embrace the fact that I need a whole set of new habits for my life - if I want my life to change, I must change my life. I've been practicing bad health habits for most of my adult life (40+ years) - I can't expect these new habits to become my 'default' after only a few months - I need to be vigilant for a very long time. In my effort to lose this weight for the last time, I am trying to make only those changes that I can stick with for the rest of my life. I am trying to implement changes slowly, a few each week so that I can ensure they remain a priority.

Just a little self-therapy. If I had all the answers, I'd have solved the problem of obesity in our society and I'd have moved on to world peace!!