Need Low Carb Ideas

Options
lovelifehealth
lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
I'm looking for what food options have worked for other low carbers.

When I try to keep my carbs super low I end up hungry and calorie deficient. Too many calorie deficient days tend to trigger carb binges and processed food cravings. If I eat too much fat and protein I feel sluggish. I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put the carb limits so that I'll loose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

My core diet consists of 2 eggs, 4-6oz beef or poultry, 1/2-1 oz raw nuts, and 2-6 cups of leafy greens.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

(PS I'm aware there is a LCD group, but this group seems a lot friendlier and safer to ask questions.)

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm not "low-carb"per se but I do try to avoid refined carbs especially sugar. I find that if I eat lots of fruit veggies and beans with my meals it keeps me satiated.
  • notmy600lblife
    notmy600lblife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for 18 months. It looks like based on what you're eating you're missing out on some of the fat that would keep you satiated. Maybe add in some avocado or other higher-fat items that are healthy.
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also do a low carb / ketogenic diet and have been for 9 months. It's helped me drop 50lbs (and I'm now within 10 lbs of a "normal" BMI)
    My suggestion is to add fish and cheese, as well as some oils and butter to your diet. For really detailed guidance, check out the literature by Dr. Eric Westman on the New Atkins Diet. I like his approach b/c:
    • It is easy to follow
    • He's not trying to sell you anything
    • Targets correcting blood chemistry - preventing hypertension and diabetes. Weight loss is a welcome side effect
  • Pinkferry12345
    Pinkferry12345 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for what food options have worked for other low carbers.

When I try to keep my carbs super low I end up hungry and calorie deficient. Too many calorie deficient days tend to trigger carb binges and processed food cravings. If I eat too much fat and protein I feel sluggish. I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put the carb limits so that I'll loose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

My core diet consists of 2 eggs, 4-6oz beef or poultry, 1/2-1 oz raw nuts, and 2-6 cups of leafy greens.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

(PS I'm aware there is a LCD group, but this group seems a lot friendlier and safer to ask questions.)

Just curious what you figured out.
  • LipsLikeSykur
    LipsLikeSykur Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Just replied but then realized this was an old post. Hope you found something that works for you!