How long has everyone been fasting?

Options
JimmyJam019
JimmyJam019 Posts: 50 Member
I'm curious as to how long everyone has been fasting?

Replies

• kaileekason
    kaileekason Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can you explain the fasting method that you use, what you typically eat and results that you have had?
  • skaivalentine
    skaivalentine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday so I'm on day three and loving it so far. It's amazing at diminishing my hunger. I'm pairing it with paleo, and I have so much energy during my fasted period.
  • leialeia79
    leialeia79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week and wondering why I never started this sooner!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF since August 2016. I practice 23/1 and eat one meal a day... yes I get in all my calories in one meal and yes I eat that one meal late (9 pm). I do not IF on most Sundays as I visit my parents and make them breakfast on Sunday mornings. I love IF!!! Feel free to friend request me. I'd love to have some MFP pals who practice IF!
  • GreenHeather2014
    GreenHeather2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day two, and I feel so much better already! I posted this in another thread, but I'm doing 16/8 right now, and I'm not having any issues with hunger, foggy-headedness, or tiredness. I realize I just started, but I hope this continues! I easily stay within my calorie range, and made it to the gym, too.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Since July2017: 20:4 weekdays & 18:6 weekends
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I've been IF since August 1st. I'm following like a 17:7 fast lol at the moment. I started with 16:8 and I'm trying to work my way down to 18:6 and beyond. I'm vegetarian and I think the hardest part for me is making sure I get all of the calories. I eat a smallish lunch and snack at work (~500 calories) and try to save up my calories until dinner so I can eat a normal sized meal with my fiance. Seems like I'm always under!
  • annieinnm
    annieinnm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started last week at my doc's recommendation, and I'm having 2 meals, one at noon(ish) and one at 6:00 p.m. so I guess that's 18:6. So far doing OK. I aim to limit calories to 1200 a day, saving room for a smallish snack mid afternoon, usually raw macadamia nuts. HFLC goals are carbs 10% protein 20% fats 70%. I'm still learning my way around this. Hoping to lose some weight, but definitely need to overcome leptin resistance.
  • sarcasticarse
    sarcasticarse Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how long everyone has been fasting?

Hey Jimmy, I have been doing it since July 2016. I have been doing 24hr /48 he fasts typically but would throw in the occasional 3-5 day open fast until I decided I needed to refeed.

Currently 14 days fasted (no calories) as I am testing my body to see how long I can go on my fat stores alone. Feeling great so I don't see myself breaking this fast anytime soon
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do the 16:8 method. Started at the end of August. Lost 12 pounds so far. Been pretty consistent...maybe 4 days off total. I also cut out dairy and carbs and refined sugars. I have not cut out my wine though...no way. I also stay around 1300 calories a day. There are times I'm definitely starving and I do feel foggy or downright stupid but overall feel good. I will stick with it. I love it. It's my lifestyle. Just got my husband onboard so that will help.
  • sarcasticarse
    Options
    Currently 18 days fasted (no calories)
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling?
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Currently on my third 3-day fast in 12 days. Loving this sooo much
  • sarcasticarse
    Options
    Vodka97 wrote: »
    How are you feeling?

Today I will be 25 days fasted and still feeling great
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This thread motivated me to push my 3 day fast to seven. I am on day four. Working towards Sunday. It amazing to see how much easier it becomes after day three. We will see how it goes.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did 18/6 for about a month and 20/4 for about a week. Going for my first OMAD today.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Been doing 20:2 with an OMAD for about a week now. This could be the new normal. It’s so much easier
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing it for the last three weeks, along with a Keto diet, 23/1 one meal a day. I am currently exploring a extended fast 26 or so hours in.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!