Dessert !

Options
Kdooms5
Kdooms5 Posts: 16 Member
I was looking on a thread about falling off the wagon...which happens to me when I crave sweets!
Does anyone have simple dessert ideas that will
Keep me satisfied? Tia

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What's your fav flavor/item?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lazy so for dessert I usually have either a square of 90% dark chocolate with cashew butter or peanut butter on top or some Halo Top ice cream.
  • Kdooms5
    Kdooms5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i love chocolate, especially at night after dinner
  • ekfulton
    ekfulton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make low carb lemon bars - 1 package of sugar free lemon jello, 2 blocks of cream cheese softened, 1 cup of boiling water; Mix with hand blender and pour in 8X8 pan and refridgerate.
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and whipped cream. Freeze for about 15m to make it cold like ice cream :). Add a couple chocolate chips or nuts for more flavor.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If you crave sweets at night right after dinner, please look into insulin resistance. You'd be surprised how many folks feel like a meal isn't ended properly without a bite or few of sweets, etc.

Transitioning to the darkest chocolate you can find (86% was my sweet spot for craving control and still decent taste, though the 75% range was preferable, it could still trigger cravings sometimes)...and/or make "poor man's chocolate mousse. Which is just heavy cream, vanilla (liquid or powder), sweetener to tolerance only (not to taste - as barely sweet as you can tolerate it), and cocoa powder (I prefer Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder. Can add espresso powder for a little kick, too. Whip just like whipping cream. Quantities vary by preference.