Losing Regain

Options
jnmalsch
jnmalsch Posts: 21 Member
Whats it like the second time around? Slow like pre WLS? anything different? Can the WLS help in any way the second time around?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I initially lost 202 lbs, and regained about 35. It was frighteningly and surprisingly easy to do, and speaking for myself, it seems to come off slower at this point (I am 4+ years out). That said, it can totally be done. I refocused on the basics that I adhered to post surgery, and I also used the Bariatric Eating website back on track program, and I am losing the regain. You can totally do it!
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is slower the second time around, but having the surgery makes things easier for sure. I am 4.5 years post-op with a regain of 16 lbs. After a week I lost 6 lbs, leaving me 10 lbs. to go. You just have to recommit to your plan and tracking here on MFP has made it easier.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    jnmalsch wrote: »
    Whats it like the second time around? Slow like pre WLS? anything different? Can the WLS help in any way the second time around?

I am still preop, so I know nothing, but I am looking out for the future. I read this and thought it was smart. You don’t have to buy the guide. The article is enough and is free.

https://www.bariatricfoodie.com/accidentally-reset-pouch-got-control-eating-capacity-appetite/
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it much slower now. After WLS, I lost 130 lbs in about 14 months. I've been trying to take off 30 lbs of regain. It's taken 6 months to lose 21 lbs. Frustrating, but at least the scale is going in the right direction. It's a lifelong battle - you can do it!
  • jnmalsch
    jnmalsch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I regained 100 pounds. I have been on point for 2 weeks and have lost 6 pounds
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That initial big weight loss after surgery is a one shot deal. The important thing is you know what to do now to create a healthy life for yourself. Like @pattycakes726 says at least you're going in right direction. That's what counts! Having a smaller stomach definitely helps too. There are times when a small indulgence could have been HUGE had I not had the benifit of vsg. Keep up good habits and we can all achieve health and weight goals.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am about a year and a half out..my biggest loss was this past March when I was at 88 lbs gone. I am up about 13 lbs and am really trying to focus on the basics. I want to nip the regain in the bud, however for me, part of it is that I quit my gym since they canceled all of my classes, so I️ see my trainer and do some of the spin classes there. Unfortunately she is 40 mins from home but 5 mins from my office. I work from home twice a week so I don’t drive that far to work out when I️ am home. I joined a new Lifetime Fitness which is opening mid December and since that will be around 10-15 mins from home and also on my way to work I am hopeful that makes a huge difference!

Many of us fall off of the wagon for various reasons but so long as we are self aware we can reverse that...we have a great tool, we just need to maximize it.

Something that helps me a lot is doing meal prep on Sunday so that my food is ready to go. I try to find recipes that make a lot so I can freeze ore-portioned containers and can grab and go later on when I️ may not want or am able to meal prep.
  • melissaglover5823
    melissaglover5823 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am fours out I have regained 35 pounds. In las three months I have lost 20 pounds. Started tracking my food, meal planning. I worked to hard to gain it back. You can do this! One day at time, one pound at a time!