November 16 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement @luluinca @BadgerLamb236. Surgery went extra long but Dr. Is very optimistic about results. He is on the seventh floor and I took stairs all day. 19,000 steps on Fitbit. Spent some time during the wait in the fitness center. Tracked and under calories. Calorie count is posted on all the food sold in the cafeterias. Exhausted.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 16
    Exercised?: Yes. 22 minutes of a light strength training video.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

I've learned that I can actually lose a few inches/weight relatively quickly if I consistently eat within my calorie range and exercise just a little each day. I can't say it enough, but this challenge was JUST what I needed to get back on track.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 min run plus 13k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What I learned is too much down time during the day leads to boredom which then leads to snacking. Tomorrow I have planned a pretty full day. Yay!!
    I did a brisk walk for an hour at the mall with a friend. Walking with a friend who walks as fast as me is fun.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    This week, I am learning to enjoy sitting still and relaxing. It’s been a long time since I have done that.
    Exercise: walked for an hour which included a tropical botanical garden.
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: under by a nice margin
  • Elmyra8376
    Elmyra8376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exercise : yes walking
    Tracking : Yes
    Calories : yes
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,264 Member
    Options
    November 13 - 14
    Exercise: Yes - Yoga inferno / BodyPump
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

November 15 - 16
    Exercise: Yes - BodyCombat / Spin class
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

I'm exhausted...sorry. It has been a super long week. Work has been hectic and hard....I'm having a ton of problems with my oldest daughter...so that has been heart breaking...but its time to get it together and move forward. Not much else to do...i will do better...
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (30 minutes of zumba)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1251 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (logged all and drank 10-8oz glasses of water)
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    November 16

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes of aerobics and an hour of shopping

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes although I ate a few stupid things just because I needed some calories. Just wasn't very hungry today.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep, every stupid thing!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 12 mile dog walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Today, I took a 10mth black lab on 3 walks, he did over 9 miles. What a good boy!
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Full of cold yesterday and today.

Managed a walk to get my 10,000 steps but was really fatigued. No other exercise for the 16th,
    All tracked and logged.

Sorry it's such a short post, will catch up with you all when I'm feeling better.

Hugs......xx
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 30 min on treadmill, (plus over three hours housework) - definitely made my step goal yesterday
    Within calories - yes
    Tracked - yes

I have learned to focus on the long term goal, and that if I do slip up, I need to immediately jump back on track, rather than tell myself I'll start again, next week, or next month. This challenge is a great help in this regard. It encourages us to post our efforts every day which helps us stay on track, and furthermore encourages to continue tracking even if we slip up. Love it.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    What I learned: Mental fatigue does not equal physical fatigue. At times, my job is mentally and emotionally exhausting. I feel depleted after work and don't want to exercise. I don't want to do anything. Normally I'd slack on the exercise, but since being in UAC I realize I'd better get at least a walk in. When I do start moving, I realize my body has plenty of energy stored up, my mood lifts, and my mind clears.

Yes x 3 today. Weightlifting, and now heading out for dog walking.

I find the hardest part about exercise is often getting started and this challenge helps to motivate me, when my motivation is lacking. And like you, I always feel better after moving
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

I spent and enjoyable day with a good friend today. We talked about being happy with our lives no matter what we have or where we are or where we want to be. If we can just take a moment and enjoy and savor the sights and smells and wonders of creation we can be happy.
    I found this spot the last of October. The day I found it I was with some older folks that were afraid to walk down to the observatory with me (it truly was a short distance and a nice little trail) I went down and savored the moment of wonder that it produced inside me. I brought my picture up to share to try to get them to reconsider yet they were adamant they couldn't walk down. I shook my head in disbelief.
    I took my good friend with me today to my special spot and she shared my awe and joy at my discovery even tough it was not nearly as beautiful as it was in October. I came to the conclusion that I will live my life and enjoy every second of it. As we discussed on the way back from our little sabbatical it is better to live and enjoy things than to worry about the unknown that probably won't happened.
    jizhgdrnjzdb.jpg

r926ax4hzj99.jpg

r78ajgpn8b3g.jpg

The picture is of the Ohio on the Western Kentucky side overlooking Illinois. It is I understand the only other wildlife reserve in West KY besides Land between the Lakes which is south of us. The road to this site is not marked and not easily found.

So to answer your question of what I have learned this week... I have learned that I can count on my friends to share special moments with me and if I look I can find beauty all around me.
    Additionally, I want to be healthy enough to enjoy those special moments and if I take care of myself I have a much better chance to be do that as I grow older.
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes 45 min walk
    Calories- yes, happy that I made good choices on road trip
    Tracking - yes