Hello and thank you for accepting me.

Options
Just joined this group but been watching and managing my calorie intake since the beginning of September following a massive kick up the bum from the OH Nurse at work. I joined SW a couple of weeks later. According to the nurses scales I have lost more than 2 stone since she first weighed me. SW is a bit less - 1 stone 9.5 lb.

Made some significant habit changes and upped my activity levels hence the weight loss. Plus when you start in the MO category you can shed fast.

I follow the SW eating plan with some minor modifications but think the MFP app is much better as a log mechanic and a sanity check that I am not eating my weight in carbs.

Replies

• Jadecarpet
    Jadecarpet Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Two stone loss is fantastic. Well Done
    What kind of changes have you made? And what activities have you upped?
  • PurpleCrazies
    PurpleCrazies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I moved my desk at work so the tuck shop was no longer within my eye line and starting taking lunch in. Fewer bags of crisps, chocolate, biscuits in the afternoon... and less chips/pasty/stodge in the work canteen. Weigh rice and potatoes so I control portion size at home and cook from scratch. Lots and lots of SP food.

I am walking to work now most of the time so generally do 14k steps each day. Plus I try to do a smaller top up work out at home a few times a week. Son is a keen rugby player so has designed a plan to build me up - I am not sure our end visions align.

As my Garmin shouts at me if I am too inactive for too long I do a vertical circuit of my office building. Down the front stairs and up the back.

How are others getting on?
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit shouts at me to do extra steps too. It does keep me focused!
  • PurpleCrazies
    PurpleCrazies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty if I look at the stats and haven't met my targets.