Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stephen and I teach college (future high school teachers). I started 2016 at 262 pounds, and my goal is 186. I'm currently at 212 pounds, so I'm right on track for my goal by the start of 2017. My daughter gave me a FitBit for Christmas last year, and my son introduced me to MFP shortly thereafter, so I use both to set daily calorie goals for both eating and activity. I go to the gym 6 days a week; typically one hour of cardio, one hour of weights, and a half-hour of stretching. I usually get in about 60 minutes of walking each day (broken up into 10-15 chunks), and on my day off from the gym (usually Sunday) I try to get in a 90-minute walk. So far it all is working--weight and body fat are down, as is blood pressure.
  • heidi162
    heidi162 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Heidi from the UK life long weight problem and decided at 55 to ensure its not a life long prison sentence. Love MFP and joined several years ago with some success....but you take your eye off the ball and wham bam thank you mam its back to base 1. aiming for 195 pounds currently 269. Hope to get buddies to account for my goals....
  • jiggy242
    jiggy242 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Karen and I live in Pittsburgh Pa. I am married and mother to a 21 daughter and 18 year old son. A few years ago I was very successful using MFP but I have allowed the weight to slowly creep back on. I recognize that I am a stress eater and my goal is to replace eating with something else during stressful times.
    My physical this year showed that my FBS was on the borderline for Diabetes. I have seen first hand how Diabetes can work on other system in your body and definitely want to do whatever I can do reverse those numbers
    I would love to have friend requests and may send a few out myself. I know that support is extremely important in this challenge.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi @jiggy242 also married and have daughter who is almost 23. I'm in the Buffalo NY area
  • krissyjlarson
    krissyjlarson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 57 years old and looking for similarly-aged MFP friends. I've lost 20 pounds since I retired in Feb and looking to lose another 20+ pounds. I'm getting in shape so I can better enjoy things like biking, hiking, kayaking. Last week I just started using MFP for real. I use Garmin Connect for my fitness tracker and GPSs. Unfortunately, Connect usually categorizes my events incorrectly and then sends the info to MFP before I can correct it. Bummer.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi. I'm 53 and being a member of MFP since 2009. Decided to get serious about my journey and in March this year went full blast with eating habits and weight training program. So far have lost 15 lbs and am at a good point. I live in Houston, TX but was born and raised in Venezuela.
  • iand77
    iand77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 and decided to get into real shape. I'm an avid cyclist so I'm actually in pretty good shape, but at 6'2" 200lbs (190 during cycling season) I'm now carrying 23% body fat, so leaning out is my priority. At one point i was 245lbs. Got winded walking up the stairs.
    My goal is 205lbs at 15% or less body fat.