Keto with Specific Food Intolerances/Allergies

Options
Hi,

I started Keto on 09/23/17, two months in and down about 12 lbs...great progress for me!
I have hypothyroidism (treated, sort of?) which has really hampered weight loss for me.
I am an outdoor runner year round and a bike & water sport enthusiast seasonally, as it gets COLD here on the east coast.

My Keto challenge is that I have exercise enduced histamine reactions. Basically, if I consume processed meat of any kind (including bacon, :( ) in a 12 hour window around a run, my face swells shut for 2 days.
I also have severe intolerance of egg whites (yolks are fine), avocados, mushrooms, and pineapple.

I am hoping this WOE will help heal my gut and put an end to these conditions permanently.

Looking for suggestions on other things to get my daily fat in. Macros are 5/70/25
I feel like I rely too heavily on dairy (cheese and hwc).
I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs.

Feel free to add me, my diary is open.

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have a coffee or tea with1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon coconut oil. If you like cream add whipping cream to the mix.

I start my day with that and it gives me about 35g of fat!

Look up fat bombs as well. There are so many different types.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks! I do that as well but was feeling like I shouldn't rely so heavily on dairy. Is there anything else, aside from coconut oil, that I can use to hit my fat macro?
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Do you have reactions to nuts, macadamia, almonds, pecans, & pine nuts, can boost the fat % I use them daily to meet my % goals.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No issues with nuts! I do natural almonds, but pecans are also delicious! Thanks!
  • TMariepr
    TMariepr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You don't know how comforting this post is for me. I too have an intolerance for eggs (allergic to egg yolks but the allergist doesn't want me to do any eggs period.).

When I first started Keto, I lost 8 lbs within 3 weeks. I started to breakout and immediately that set me back like 2 months. The breakouts would come and go and became very discouraging. I spoke to my trainer and we upped my carb intake to see if that would help adjust and calm the breakouts. So, trust me, I understand what you are going through.

For breakfast my go to has been a keto breakfast wrap - low carb torilla, couple of cherry tomatoes, a tsp of mustard, turkey bacon, spring mix and cheese. I also switch it up and do turkey bacon, cheese and cauliflower rice medley.

Like the others, I also am a fan of Keto coffee and I try to have that if not every day, every other day.
    Hi,

I started Keto on 09/23/17, two months in and down about 12 lbs...great progress for me!
    I have hypothyroidism (treated, sort of?) which has really hampered weight loss for me.
    I am an outdoor runner year round and a bike & water sport enthusiast seasonally, as it gets COLD here on the east coast.

My Keto challenge is that I have exercise enduced histamine reactions. Basically, if I consume processed meat of any kind (including bacon, :( ) in a 12 hour window around a run, my face swells shut for 2 days.
    I also have severe intolerance of egg whites (yolks are fine), avocados, mushrooms, and pineapple.

I am hoping this WOE will help heal my gut and put an end to these conditions permanently.

Looking for suggestions on other things to get my daily fat in. Macros are 5/70/25
    I feel like I rely too heavily on dairy (cheese and hwc).
    I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs.

Feel free to add me, my diary is open.