Daily check in

Options

Replies

• Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good news: 12,000+ steps and counting today.
    Bad news: I have to go back to work tomorrow after 11 days off. Waaaah! I'll probably get fewer steps during the week because of it but plan to get up early to take a walk before work each day this week.

Sheri, I am going to try a ketogenic diet along with intermittent fasting. I can give you more details in person. My sister is going to do it with me and you can, too, if you'd like to join us after hearing more about it. Maybe we can all do it as a new challenge starting at the first of the year.

Other than that, great job jperdomo, Kathy, and Sheri on all your exercising! Finish strong!
  • crazychicken2017
    crazychicken2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Agree Thxgiving is the exception. Am trying to burn a little extra before turkey day.
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in – Day 85 Monday

Played 2 hrs of tennis this am and completed P90X3 Isometrix.

Nutrition: Good and will be under calories & No to the boze, lol

Naomisds – 12K is crazy stepping,lol AND why did you have 11 days off and we didn’t play tennis once? I’m sad. :'( I think I’ll hold off on joining you for the ketogenic diet but, is there a book you’re following?

Crazychicken – Great a great article posted on MFP suggesting you do a working out and eating some veggies “Before” going to the party. That way you’re not starving and should be able to enjoy within limits.

5 more days, keep pushing it ladies!!! <3<3
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really took the day today to rest my body. Saw the dentist, did some holiday baking, went to a tournament planning meeting (enjoyed a beer there) and that was pretty much it. Will have to get back into it tomorrow and will start out the day on the courts. Nutrition was pretty good except for the chocolate cupcake my dentist gave me for my birthday. What dentist gives you sugar and not expect you to eat it???? I guess that's a good way to drum up business. Weigh in was good this morning, so I was happy about that.
    intotennis - can't believe how much you worked out today (course you have a younger body than I do)
  • Naomisds
    Options
    Got another 10,000+ steps today and drank plenty of water. Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Check in 85-86 - Monday & Tuesday

Exercise: Piyo Strength (Monday) Ballet Barre (Tuesday)
    Water: over 50oz both days!
    Nutrition: over calories (Monday) and under calories (Tuesday)

Hello Ladies! Glad to see everyone stepping up their game..... only a few days left! I’m excited this is the most I’ve done these past few weeks and remained consistent which is key to our health. Excellent job everyone!

@intotennis: nice double workout, way to keep pressing play!

@kathy: rest days are important...

@naomi: bravo way to step it up... literally! 12,000 steps awesome. Are you on Fitbit?
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 86 Tuesday

Played over 2 hrs of tennis doubles, completed P90X Yoga and then had a semi private tennis clinic for 1 ½ hours. Lot’s of calories burned today!

Nutrition: Good day, a little over on my daily goal but under with all the exercise.

Day 2 to no booz!

Kathy – Sounds like a great day and I’m sure your body needed the rest after the tournament, you did have more matches then me but, I’m not that much younger! Lol

Naomisds – Good for you to keep pushing it on your steps and watching your water intake, something I should look at too!

Jperdomo – My lady of consistency, super happy your into a groove!

Keep kicking butt ladies, all most at the end!!! <3<3<3<3
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    Well I'm getting into the Thanksgiving spirit early and baked a pumpkin pie today (my personal favorite). Put all the ingredients into the recipe planner and it is only about 160 calories per serving???? It tastes delicious. Nice to hear that so many of you are doing well.
    Naomi - lots of steps in a day, love it!
    jperdome - really like how you vary your workouts each day and drink loads of water.
    intotennis - way to burn the calories, stick to no alcohol, and stay under calories.
    Sounds like we have a lot to be thankful for: good health, great friends, and a super support system.
  • Naomisds
    Options
    Tennis lesson tonight and a walk tomorrow morning. Now it is late and I am exhausted and going to bed. I will write more tomorrow.
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    I got in a couple of hours on the tennis court today. What a gorgeous day. I was doing well on calories today until dinner. I was hungry and probably ate more than I needed to. Now that I'm done, I realize that I should have drank more water before and during dinner. Well tomorrow is the test day for me for sure. Going to eat Thanksgiving dinner out (hope I can control portions). That pumpkin pie will be my real enemy. My plan is to start the morning with an early morning walk. Have some baking I need to do tomorrow so I will work out at home when it is baking in the oven. Plenty of workout and lots and lots of water will be the trick tomorrow. Enjoy your holiday everyone and good luck.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 87 Wednesday

Slow start today, did not want to work out but, pushed myself and got P90X3 Decelerator done!

Nutrition: my oldest son came over for dinner & we had taco’s, I made mine a salad but still a little high on the calories but, still said “no booze”!

Kathy – Homemade pumpkin pie sounds yummy! Sounds like you have a great plan for tomorrow so enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 more days, keep pushing! <3<3<3
  • Naomisds
    Options
    Jperdomo - Way to keep up the workouts and water intake. Also, yes, I am on Fitbit. You are, too? I'm always looking for more Fitbit friends!

Sheri - Great job keeping active and staying off the "sauce." I've been doing the same, as promised!

Kathy - Way to stay so aware of your intake and trying to keep everything in balance and moderation.

I am not paying much attention to nutrition at the moment (and am paying the price!), but as I stated, I am starting a new eating plan on Monday and plan to give it my best effort. Fingers crossed that it works for me! In the meantime, I am continuing to walk and reach my step goals and plan to make sure I am as active as possible on my new eating plan in the hopes that I will get the most bang for my buck because of it. I mean, something has to give, right?

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and keep pushing forward to the end!
  • jperdomo79
    Options
    Check In Day 87 & 88

Happy thanksgiving everyone
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 88 & 89 Thursday – Friday

Thursday – Completed P90X3 Upper Eccentric.

Nutrition: Had a Shakeology for lunch and had “very” small portions of food, can’t believe how stuffed I was so guess that’s a good thing!

Friday – Played 18 holes of golf.

Nutrition: Not a lot of calories but, still enjoying the “thanksgiving” festivities.

FYI: Next challenge I will look ahead to see when it ends as this is probably the worst week to try and end a challenge, lol !

Naomisds – Your new plan will work, set your mind to it and you’ve got it!

Tomorrow please post what you’ve gotten out of this challenge and maybe what we can do differently next time!

One more day ladies!! <3<3<3<3
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    Good day today, back on track after the holiday (except for the pumpkin pie but kept it to one piece). I got in a good amount of exercise playing tennis for a couple of hours this morning and also this evening. I'll chime in early with my post about this challenge. Thank you, thank you for getting me in this challenge. This is the most successful I have been in a change of a healthy lifestyle that I have ever had. Having the support of every one else and seeing how you all work so hard and found ways to get back on track even after we stumble. Logging my food on this site and seeing how the calories eaten compare to the calories burned has been eye opening and really helped me to be more conscious of what I eat and do. Honestly it has also made me realize that many times I would be eating when I wasn't even hungry. Control, control, control - I have that choice and if I stumble and make the wrong one, I forgive myself and get right back to making the choices that are good for me. Never give up, I will not fail. What to do differently? For me, it would be challenging me to vary my workouts from day to day (like fitting in other activities like swimming, weights, yoga or pilates, ...). I also have the feeling that there are other ways to use this website that I haven't figured out yet that would be helpful. I hope that you all have experienced success in getting to your goals and feeling the love and support of Pushing Forward.
  • jperdomo79
    Options
    Final Check in Day 89 &90 (Fri & Sat)

Nutrition: over calories (Friday) and under calories (Saturday)
    Exercise: Treadmill 15% ( Friday) and 5k Run (Saturday)
    Water: increasing need to work on this

We reached the finale Ladies! It’s been so much fun posting and sharing with you ladies and definitely motivating-everyone is super motivating here and I appreciate the comments and overall support in this group. So when’s are next challenge lol? @intotennis
    Definitely looking forward to the next one and hopefully it won’t fall during the holidays lol
    I’m grateful for the daily or every two days posting progress- total loss was about 3lbs but tons of inches. Thank You so much!
  • intotennis
    Options
    Final check in day - #90 Saturday

Played 2 hrs of tennis doubles and then washed & detailed my car for 95 mins.
    Nutrition: Should be good, going to a bday celebration so will watch my portions.

Kathy – Great job getting back on track after the holiday! You were one of my steady ladies who kept on logging, checking in and motivating others. Thank you for keeping me going with this challenge! Keep kicking butt!

Jperdomo – I remember when you asked me if I was going to do a challenge group and my first thought was “heck no!” So thank you so much for “pushing” me in this challenge. You set a super example of what a great day looks like and I truly appreciate your support and motivation with this group! Awesome job on your results too!

Overall: This was a tough challenge and at times very hard to stay motivated. P90X3 is different then when I did P90X. P90X3 is great but, I think I choose the wrong plan, I went with Lean program and I think I should of gone with Mass, it’s more weights & that’s what I really enjoy. It was really hard for me to be as consistent as I was before with P90X but, I know one thing for sure, if I didn’t have you ladies continuing to post about your journey, I know I wouldn't of continue, so thank you from the bottom of my heart! I’ve lost 22 lbs so I’m very happy with that! I haven’t done my measurements yet & will give my MPS & the “thanksgiving” fest time to wear off, lol

I’ll have to think about another challenge but, not one that will end on a holiday! How about if we take a week off and start again Dec 4th, have it run for 21 days so we’d be done on Dec 22? It’s shorter but, we can make it harder! You have to workout each day, eat clean & drink plenty of water!!!! Who's in?

I think we all have come a long way, just think about where we were 90 days ago, we are so much healthier now and have learned some great tools to continue. We might trip or some times even slam down but, we keep getting back up and pushing forward!!!

Thank you ladies, you're all awesome!!!! <3<3<3<3<3
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Such fabulous posts today about the challenge, forgiving and motivating. I enjoyed the challenge and although I wasn't posting every day, I kept logging, liking and commenting on your progress, and likewise, thanks for the comments on my achievements.

Everything was awesome about the challenge, but posting each day was getting hard after day 5 weeks or so. Hats off to Sheri! Thanks for being there even when we weren't.

The biggest thing for me that keeps me in check is logging food. If nothing else you realize, including myself how much we actually eat calorie-wise. Reconditioning yourself and finding food that has volume and makes you feel satiated with low fat and calories is an individual choice that I make. Mixing in more veggies and getting creative and watching the sugar is very important. This has helped me keep my 20 off for 5 years. Each one of us is different and we're at different places in life. We all really know what we should eat, but I too struggle each day. I have to tell you it gets easier. It's easier to pass by the high fat, high sugar stuff now, but not all days. Portion control, movement and consistency is key, it's a life long commitment. I recommend to eat more dark greens even if you have to blend them, lower your sugary foods, and ease up on foods high in cholesterol, eat more fiber and be cool with carbs. It wasn't an overnight change for me, it took a lot of fighting with myself, and it's not over by any means.

Congratulations ladies for what you were able to accomplish and maybe you found a new routine too. The peer pressure and accountability really works. I hope everyone is doing well and hope to catch up here soon again.

Take care
    Bam/Kim
  • jperdomo79
    Options
    @intotennis : I’m in for Dec 4th... 21 days sounds awesome! I have the 21 day fix i haven’t completed :smile: so I’ll do that one with clean eating ....
  • jperdomo79
    Options
    @intotennis : Congratulations on the 22lbs!