November LC Basics Challenge 2017: Week 4 (11/22-11/30)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Welcome to the November Basics Challenge!!!
I feel so strongly about how crucial this is, I'm having a Basics challenge every month.

Bah, basics! Entirely boring and unsexy, right?
Guess what though? It will get you to your goal. Basics aren't flashy or exciting, but this is how it's done.

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important basics we need to lock in: staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the stickied post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.

Wed 11/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Replies

• baconslave
    edited November 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif

Happy Turkey Day!!! For us in the U.S. anyway. :wink:
    Stay on plan, whatever plan you have made for yourself. Enjoy the celebration of all the things we have to be thankful for.
    raw

But for bacon's sake, and for all that is holy, DO NOT BRING HOME CARBY LEFTOVERS!!! That way lies derailment.
    Have a wonderful day!!!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Logged: :sunglasses:
    Under Calorie Goal: :sunglasses:
    Net Carbs < 20g nope. I've been averaging between 21-30 all week. Gotta keep an eye on it and not let it become a slow creep.
    Intentional Exercise: nopers
    Water > 2L: :sunglasses:
    Keto Chocolate <50g: :sunglasses:
    No Alcohol: :sunglasses:
    Tinctures & Vitamins: nope... but good reminder.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Guess who has leftovers here? Good news is, it is stuff I don't like. Done entirely on purpose. Except the turkey, that's ok. :+1:
    Lots of turkey...and ham. Yum yum. I barely have to cook at all for a week at least, just veggies and sides. And warm-up the turkey. Babble babble, blah blah blah. How are you all doing?
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. We had a small one here— not too many US Expats around.

My Garmin finally gave up the ghost, and I’m looking for a new model for Christmas. Happy to report that eating has been on point if exercise somewhat lacking

Countdown to Christmas! I’m looking forward to not feeling that I’m starting at catastrophe level this New Year’s (for once, or maybe twice ) How about you all?
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Seems I forgot to post in week 3. I've been going through some 'mental health' issues the past 10 days but things are settling down again. This is my Nov 18th to Nov 25th wrap-up.
    • Water - 10 cups or more: 7/7
    • Excercise every day: 7/7
    • No plants / carnivore: 7/7
    • Carbs 10g or less: 6/7
    • Calories <= goal: 7/7
    • Strict logging: *
    * I think I logged everything strictly but I can't remember some details from Nov 16 - Nov 21, so I don't know for sure I was strict. I am sure I was under my calorie goal though, because I just haven't been eating so much.

I have one more week of 'carnivore month', that will end for me on Saturday December 2. I miss spinach and broccoli hehe. I think I will allow plants back into my life, but I may revisit the carnivore lifestyle in the future.
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    After being on a plateau for the months of August, September, and October, I seem to finally be moving the needle again. I'm down 5 pounds this month.

Water - never measure
    Exercise - missed one day of my goal of 5 days/week - but I hit the goal every other week this month so far
    Ketogenic diet - with the exception of Thanksgiving day where I ate 2 pieces of pumpkin pie, I was a good boy.
    Calories below goal - 5/7
    Strict logging - every day for 295 days. No exceptions!

• baconslave
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting. I have 3 sick kids. Ugh.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone did great through the holiday. I kinda unplugged for a week. I indulged Thurs-Sat but did not go overboard with quantity. Sunday I was back to LCHF and the gym.

I sent my sons home with most of the leftovers so that helped but I did have apple pie for breakfast Friday and pumpkin cheesecake Saturday LOL.

Now if I could just get my hubby to stop eating the foods I buy for my meals, as his snacks! I know prosciutto wrapped mozz sticks are delicious but they're MINE!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Sounds like everyone did great through the holiday. I kinda unplugged for a week. I indulged Thurs-Sat but did not go overboard with quantity. Sunday I was back to LCHF and the gym.

I sent my sons home with most of the leftovers so that helped but I did have apple pie for breakfast Friday and pumpkin cheesecake Saturday LOL.

Now if I could just get my hubby to stop eating the foods I buy for my meals, as his snacks! I know prosciutto wrapped mozz sticks are delicious but they're MINE!!

I know! "Dude! Hands off!!! MINE!" :lol:
    Smart on the leftovers!
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Okay, I have been busy with family obligations for the past week. Here are my catch up totals:

Carb Goal: 6/8 days
    Calorie Goal: 8/8 days
    Water: 660/640 oz.
    Walking: 8/8 days - made my step goal 4 out of 8 days
    Electrolytes: 8/8 days
    Logged: 8/8 days

Overall I am pleased with my efforts over the Thanksgiving week and beyond.