Looking for partners

Options
aupston
aupston Posts: 44 Member
I am looking for some partners as the holiday season approaches.
I have been slow carbing since June. I have lost 50 lbs and have 30 to go.....

I am heading to the in laws for Christmas. 2 weeks away from home and all my usual support.
International flights, holiday parties, lack of usual planning abilities are some of the obstacles in my path.

I really don’t don’t want to lose the progress I have made and would like to start the the New Year 10 Lbs less-8 to go.

Thanks

Replies

• elizagirly
    elizagirly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy to send you an invite. Any support is welcome!

Also, for anyone else- I'd really appreciate any friends who share their Food Diary. It helps me a lot to see other Low Carb meal plans. Otherwise, I get stuck in such a rut! Thanks!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat!

Keto since June. 62lbs down. Feeling great.
    I'll be travelling and visiting family & friends for two weeks over Christmas and New Years. I am starting to think about strategies for how to find a balance this holiday season... I don't want to undo my hard work!!

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'll be open to friends. Low carb since 2002. Upped my carbs in the past 11 months and felt horrid. Dropping back down now and hoping to feel better soon. It's not worth getting off the high fat, high fiber diet.!

fyi, I think I have a GABA problem. Fatigue is intense when I eat carbs, but non existent when I'm high fat.
    http://www.holistichelp.net/blog/how-to-increase-gaba-and-balance-glutamate/
    which stems from my autoimmune disorder
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    elizagirly wrote: »
    Happy to send you an invite. Any support is welcome!

Also, for anyone else- I'd really appreciate any friends who share their Food Diary. It helps me a lot to see other Low Carb meal plans. Otherwise, I get stuck in such a rut! Thanks!

I share mine with friends. It is a little unexciting if you want fancy recipes though.
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open for friends.
    Support is so important, and I am sure you can make it through the obstacles ahead!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for more friends, and I will be mostly active all through the holidays...except the week between christmas and new year, I will be out of town and may or may not have internet that week...I'm thinking of getting some prepaid internet just so I don't have to live without it for that long.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Not sure if my diary is open but feel free.

I am home for Christmas but still stressing. My plan, which has worked in the past, is to visualize each event and prepare accordingly. I am “allowing” myself 2 glasses of wine each at my two fave parties - otherwise sticking to soda water. In both instances am bring low carb apps I can nibble on (jalopena poppers probably) and eating a good meal before we leave. I have Christmas Eve planned which is Chinese take-away w “It’s a Wonderful Life” - egg drop soup and beef/brocolli. Christmas Day we do almond croissants and a very late big brunch. Am allowing myself one croissant. Brunch is easy w my regular eggs n bacon. Boxing Day is our big Christmas meal. Am allowing myself one treat - probably one of my moms homemade butter tarts after turkey and veggies plus my 2 glasses of vino
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »
    Not sure if my diary is open but feel free.

I am home for Christmas but still stressing. My plan, which has worked in the past, is to visualize each event and prepare accordingly. I am “allowing” myself 2 glasses of wine each at my two fave parties - otherwise sticking to soda water. In both instances am bring low carb apps I can nibble on (jalopena poppers probably) and eating a good meal before we leave. I have Christmas Eve planned which is Chinese take-away w “It’s a Wonderful Life” - egg drop soup and beef/brocolli. Christmas Day we do almond croissants and a very late big brunch. Am allowing myself one croissant. Brunch is easy w my regular eggs n bacon. Boxing Day is our big Christmas meal. Am allowing myself one treat - probably one of my moms homemade butter tarts after turkey and veggies plus my 2 glasses of vino

Don't stress, just accept that if you eat higher carbs for a few days or even a couple of times then you are likely to see a weight gain. This is NOT the end of the world NOR will it be the end of your journey unless you let it be, but I think you know that! It is water weight and as soon as you go back to LC it will come off, never in my experience, as fast as it goes on (damn it!!) but it does come off and you will carry on, so enjoy Christmas, do what you can and try not to stress, that's worse for you than anything!