Introductions

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome UAC December Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Hello I would like to join this challenge to keep me accountable. I have lost 11.7 lb since August 28. My goal is to loose another 10 pounds.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Much success fellow challengers!
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Hi - I'm so glad to see you all here. I've been up and down the scale since I was a teenager, and it's time to not diet, but be healthy. I think this is a great place to start building healthy habits.
  • Brand new to the group this month for December! Loved the description and the motivation and accountability that comes with it. Tracking/logging food intake is new for me as I have a busy work life so this app is wonderful!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Not 100% confident I can achieve ultimate accountability as I detest exercise; but this group sounds interesting. I am a senior in upper 60's. Originally, lost 40 pounds in 2011 using caloriecount.com (no longer available) for tracking; and actually was a bit too lean before I finally determined calories needed to maintain an ideal weight. I was so very disappointed when caloriecount was no longer available as I had put so much effort into personalizing it for my needs. Since initial loss from all time high, I re-gained 10 pounds over ideal weight and thought it best to start tracking, again, before weight became a serious issue, again. Have lost 4-5 pounds this month tracking with MFP, so I have only another 4-5 pounds to reach goal which will, hopefully, be in December. Perhaps the ultimate goal for me should be consistent tracking for maintenance. My personal best wishes are extended to everyone who has taken the initiative to participate and lead a healthier lifestyle. Kindest regards.
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Hi Everyone! I am happy to find this challenge! The daily accountability is a great start to a healthier me.. now and not January 1 . Lets make the most of December!
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Hi my name is Naomi and I’m excited about this group. I’m pretty good at logging everything and being under my calories but not so good at exercising everyday. I’m going to do better in December. :)
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Hi, my name is Rachel. The previous post from Naomi described me for the Novembet challenge, but plan to do better and better.