Keto journey starts tomorrow

Options
I am super excited to start this journey! I have been searching for a lifestyle that will work for me and I am hoping this is it! If you have had good success please share for motivation!

Replies

• unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just finished my first week. Feeling great and satisfied.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mistarie
    mistarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I start my journey tomorrow!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    it's good and there is a lot of support in this group! :)
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Welcome. :)

I see a lot of people start to waver in their enthusiasm for the WOE a few weeks in. So with that being said try to focus on long term trends throughout your journey. Read up on the introductory threads here and in the LCHF group to help with questions regarding keto flu, electrolytes, recipes, and goals. Remember weight loss is just one measure in this lifestyle and its one that can be discouraging at times. General overall well being, clothes fitting better, increased energy, better health markers, etc. etc. should carry as much "weight" as weight (no pun intended) loss in my opinion . This ultimately a lifestyle change and it can be a rewarding one with patience and determination. Lastly listen to your body and learn what works and what doesn't, there is no one size fits all. Good luck and welcome again.
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Starting keto during the thanksgiving holiday season...wow!....good luck you are much more brave than I....lol
    I wish you much success. It has been one of the best descisions I have made in my life.
    Best wishes!
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well @Horseshoe12 you have done 2 important things already. You decided to start and you referred to it as a lifestyle, not a "diet". DH and I have be low carb for 14 years and myself more strict keto since about March. DH drop 90 lbs and had kept it off 14 years. I used to suffer migraines and seizures 15 years ago. Been seizure free for 13 years and only 1 or 2 migraines in that time. (usually if I get around too much second hand cig smoke). One of the most important things to remember when starting is to keep your electrolytes up. (salt, potassium, magnesium). This will help avoid the keto-flu. At least for the first 3-6 months try and log your food when you can. I will take a break here and there from logging, but find I do better if I log a week or two here and there just to keep me on track. Oh, one more thing. DH and I started in 2003 a few days before Halloween. We really didn't feel like waiting for the new year like many do. Thanksgiving was easy as we did turkey and cauliflower mash, and Christmas we did ham, with lots of rolled meats and cheeses for snacks. I also learned how to make a no crust keto cheesecake. Pretty much cream cheese, sweetener (back then it was splenda, now I would use stevia or erythritol)
  • sasnp
    sasnp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Would love to hear how you are doing.
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job, starting something new can always be challenging, I hope to hear more about your Keto journey!
    The groups are great for support, and advice so bring any questions or concerns to one of the great groups.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @ Parsley456;
    How did you get on in Thailand!!

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I am super excited to start this journey! I have been searching for a lifestyle that will work for me and I am hoping this is it! If you have had good success please share for motivation!

How's it going?