Having issues getting enough fat

Options
I am brand new to Keto. I've read so much, my head is going to explode. My ratios are 10/70/20 through MFP. Even though I have carbs set to 10% , I'm trying to average more around the 7-8% range.

My issue is keeping my protein low and my fats high. I have even started adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to my coffee/tea and I still just can't get those fats up.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• iambigjsgal
    iambigjsgal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pine nuts and Macadamia nuts are super helpful. I find an ounce of Macadamiss hold me through an intense 2 hour workout. They are high in calories so you may need to watch that. Thursday was day 21 for me. I am feeling great.
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions. Olives, salmon and avocados are great too. Using plenty of coconut or olive oil when cooking add fat grams fast. I’ve begun making my own coconut yogurt .. tastes great, lots of healthy fat without the carbs of regular yogurt. Full fat coconut milk added to coffee or used in smoothies is my go to.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So today I'm doing a bit better on the fat consumption. I added a tablespoon of coconut oil to my protein shake this morning and olive oil to my scrambled eggs and bacon for lunch. My lunch had 40g of fat by itself!! Woot woot
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can always add butter, I use Kerry gold, but have used organic salted butter as well.
    Heavy cream can be added to various things as well.
  • dimaslopes
    dimaslopes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    using 2 spoons of olive oil in salad per meal can help a lot for calorie intake
    for cooking i believe butter or coconut oil is better because olive oil degrades quickly in high heat due to low smoking point
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Fat bombs, cheese...I make a caprese salad with tomato, mozzarella, basil, olive oil, balsamic and then I add avocado & either a hard boiled egg or 3 oz of chicken. It's my latest fave! Coconut oil brownies are amazing!! Recipe is in Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So I just want to bump this as I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out this fat issue.

Avocado Oil, MCT oil which I take twice daily (28 grams of fat right there), I made some fat bombs as well.

I’m getting over 100grams of Fat in daily and my macros are currently 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein and 5-10% carbs