Any one have sustainable long-term results?

Options
Having done Atkins back in 2005, I lose 80 lbs on it in 8 months which was great. Once I ran into life stresses, obstacles, laziness, boredom, I tended to have carb creep and have gained it all back plus some. I am afraid of doing this over again, to only give up or give in after a few weeks, or months. Isn't just calorie counting and exercise the best way to live with a lifestyle? Has anyone had success long-term with low carb? Thanks.

Replies

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm not long term yet, but I think this is something I can live with for the rest of my life. It doesn't matter what lifestyle you choose...low carb...low fat...CICO or whatever. If you make the conscious effort to not overeat, the lifestyle will be a success. If you decide "to give in" and overeat, you won't maintain the lifestyle.

I've gone the calorie counting/exercise route before, and yet here I am once again.

Choose the lifestyle YOU can maintain for the rest of your life.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Love that! If I quit now...! So true! I'm a great quitter! (Correction: I WAS a great quitter! I will be hitting a milestone soon...Entrance into Onederland! It's been so long since I've been under 200 lbs. I am going to celebrate! Although I do eat Keto, my carbs aren't always super low. I'm going to figure out a nice treat. Not a cheat. It will fit into my daily calories. Something I miss eating, but not filled with sugar. Not sure yet what that will be, but I may just reach 50 grams of carbs. And will probably get back over that line! LOL! But that's ok! Because I know it'll just be water weight and will come right off again.

I'm always focused on my food consumption. I can't go back to the way I ate before. It's not just my weight that will spiral out of control again. My sugar will too, and that puts me more in harm's way than being overweight right now. I don't want to be on dialysis in my later years. I don't want to be dependent on oxygen like my dad was.

I've still got a long way's to go, but Baby?! I've come a long ways already and I aint' going back!

You have, you have and you won't, you won't!! o:)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I've been low-carb for over 3 years now. I have lost and kept off 90lb. I lost the weight with keto, and am maintaining with mod-low-carb.

Three years here too.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @chaoticdreams -- you ROCK! I agree with all you just wrote. Except I did have a tiny bite of things at Thanksgiving. But I didn't give in and have bigger helpings, because you're right...they can eventually kill me if I don't change.

Sending a friend request because I wanna follow you!