Team meeting and Roll Call.

Options
Fyreside
Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
Hi all, I'm calling a team meeting to bring us together for a discussion about what we want from phase 2 and the end of the year. I'll be messaging everyone with an invitation to attend. If you read this, please post a reply even if you don't feel like you have anything to add to the discussion. Aside from anything else we really need to know who is still committed to improving their health and moving forward with the group.

So please tell us if you want to continue in the group. And share with us any feedback or suggestions you may have about how things went in Phase 1 and what you would like to see in Phase 2.

We are keen to stick with the original idea of a points based system, but will back it up with a chart we can all see and some incentives and awards.

My thoughts:
Personally, I liked aspects of Phase 1, but would look to improve a couple of things.. firstly, goals must be achievable for everyone, and that's really hard to centralize because we are all in different states of physical health. So I propose that rather than having a set exercise or plan created by someone.. That everyone chooses their own workout goal. If you can bust out a few dozen pushups, that's great. If you prefer walking or swimming or weights, even an assortment of exercises for a given amount of time each day, thats fine.. Set your own challenge, write it down and share it with the group, then hold yourself accountable for meeting that challenge.

Streak bonus. Its an idea OregonRunner5 started, to build and sustain some momentum with one's workouts.. to track how many days in a row you have met your exercise challenge. I'm going to suggest rather than a weekly points bonus, we do something like give a bonus point every 3 days of your streak.

Rest day. It's widely believed that at least one rest day per week is a healthy option. So I propose we give everyone a day each week to relax.. It won't break your streak or count against your daily goal completion.

That pretty much sums up what I wanted to put on the table. I'll give one more thought a mention.. I know Plainanjelik is keen on doing daily exercise challenges and I love the idea of it.. Might I suggest with a view to everyones different level of capability, perhaps challenge us to work a particular body part or muscle group, and suggest an example exercise. That way, even if someone like me can't do something like.. say Squats.. I can still exercise my quads with leg extensions or something on my machine.

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    In addition to earning points and going on a streak - I think we could improve our group chat a bit.

Gratitude Monday thread - what are you grateful for today on Monday?
    Motivate Me Wednesday thread - post something (can be a meme image) to help nudge us along mid-week
    Non-Scale Victory Friday thread - WOOT -- I know you all have some amazing NSV's

I'm working on a point based challenge sheet that you will track and then submit your points at the end of the week via a form that will transfer the data to our spread sheet - all in Google Docs / Google Forms.

What will be tracked and how etc. still being discussed, I'm just thinking right now of the technology to make it easier to track.

I like the idea of exercise minutes and a streak, it leaves it wide open for type of exercise.

Plainanjelic mentioned a step based going from point A --> B challenge as a group or breaking into teams. This isn't actually too hard to do using certain web sites that track and show you where you are on Google Maps. This would make an excellent New Years sub-challenge. (web site I'm thinking of - think it's called walktheworld dot org but there are a couple of others also in different formats).

Concerns: There might not be enough people left to make the time investment worth it, we would probably need to figure out a way going forward to recruit new members.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here is a sample of the point sheet I'm working on, a person would print this out or otherwise track during the week and then fill out a form at the end of the week with totals for each category. Then weekly awards and a winner would be announced.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nB6MqxlYZvxazq1SOQZvPMZE2DYn_IRyz7Jr0DfjuWA/edit?usp=sharing

(Fyreside has a sheet for the over all points, this is the individual challenge sheet)

I have a migraine today so will check back in tomorrow. I feel like my hard drive of a brain needs defragged ;-P Ouch.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am impressed!! Count me in
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I really do like these ideas. I need more accountability to motivate me forward. i also need to remember to check on here daily. I like all your ideas and I am definitely in this. The chart would be great to show progress and keep everyone on track. I like the challenges as well, but I agree, they may not be achievable by all. It does not always have to be workout challenges. they could also be like Meet Your Protein Goal, Post a Work Out Pic, or Try a New Healthy Food.

I really want to be more involved. That, in itself, is a challenge.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the muscle group weekly challenge idea as well as other challenges that can be nutritional or making sure you're getting enough water.

Also agree that eceryone can post their goal at the beginning of the week and work towards that. How about we make the personal goal the main challenge for the week and then have thw weekly challenge as bonus points? Optional but a good motivator.

Also about the miles challenge, it doesn't have to be just walking. The way it worked in the other challenge was that every minute of exercise counted as 1 mile. So if you swam for a hour that would be 60 miles counted to the goal. So we could set a group challenge of 500 minutes of exercise per week for example and everyone could contribute to the team reaching its goal.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Still here. Still counting calories. Still moving my body.