Tried any other weight loss methods?

Options
roseym10
roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
Previously, I lost 18 lbs on weight watchers and got to the goal weight I chose which was 146 and an ideal weight for me. Since then I've gained that back and then some. I've also tried South Beach Diet, intermittent fasting, carb cycling and most recently I tried Bistro MD which was good but was very expensive so I only did it for the first promotional week. Right now I'm strictly counting calories on MFP. My downfalls are sweets, portion control, and boredom eating which I'm trying to conquer. What other diets or methods have you tried in the past and were you successful?

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I did keto for awhile but gained everything back (~20 pounds) when I stopped. I am a vegetarian so it was very hard and not sustainable for me.

I've been doing IF since the beginning of August and I love it. The past two weeks haven't been great, I was on my honeymoon two weeks ago then last week with the holiday it wasn't the best time to get back on track.

Yesterday I finally got back to my regular eating schedule (18 hours fasting, 6 hours eating) and I love it. I feel like I have a lot more control and it's a lot harder for me to overeat. Hoping to stick with it until Christmas and take another few days off.

Honestly other than Keto I haven't really tried any diets with names, just counting calories. I did WW a long time ago and didn't mind it but I'd rather just count calories.

Have you tried 21 day fix? I forgot about that one. I did enjoy doing that but it took a lot of prep!
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When you did IF did you just skip breakfast and then stop eating after a certain time once you ate dinner? That's what I was doing. I found I was less hungry the rest of the day when I didn't eat breakfast. Like it opened up my appetite or something
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey @roseym10 sorry I just saw this. I pretty much skip breakfast and lunch and start eating for the day with a small snack (a greek yogurt and kashi cereal - 244 calories) at 3:00 p.m. I usually eat something else small (admittedly, 140 calories of cheezits lately) at 4:00 p.m. I eat dinner when I get home between 7:00 and 9:00. I try to be done eating by 9:00 but I can't Wednesdays and Thursdays because I don't get home until like 9:30ish. Sooooo long story short, I try to get my 1200 calories between 3 and 9 p.m. I like it because it allows me to eat my biggest meal at home rather than at my desk at work or in the car between my two jobs.