Replies

• wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Currently at 75 hours going for 112.
  • kam6318
    kam6318 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started, This is day 3, with a 20:4 schedule. So, I have a snack if needed around 4, and dinner as usual. Much easier than just reducing calories. I do need to work on incorporating more protein at dinner though...I keep falling short.
  • wanderinjack
    Options
    Have about 5 more hours to go for a 110 hour fast. I feel better now than the prior 3 days and would continue if I didn’t have a heavy social weekend ahead with group meals and travel. Down 9.5#.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I guess I have been fasting 5 years! I fasted Mondays for nearly a year, then added Wednesdays. At the beginning of the year I do a longer fast up to 40 days. My goal this year is 21 days to welcome in the new year, M & W throughout the year and a fast at the beginning of each month in correlation with the month (ie: June = 6th month, so I will fast the first 6 days.)

I forget how energized I feel as I extend my fast! I honestly didn't fast much last year, lots of stress - which was why I should have been fasting! LOL

Of course since this is a lifestyle, if an event happens on a planned fast day, I will break my fast to enjoy the event.
  • Audreyonfire
    Audreyonfire Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since September 2017 and I love it. I do the 18/6 protocol. I don't eat before 8 a.m. and usually finish well before 2:00.
  • wanderinjack
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Been doing 22/2 for a few months with a 3-4 day fast twice a month. I eat a meal at 10and noon. Amazing results. Past 4 days and I get a little loopy. This seems to be working very well.
  • kalincombs
    kalincombs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting my third week 16/8 with a 24 hour fast once a week! Can't believe how easy it is to stick to--why didn't I start sooner?
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started three days ago. I'm doing the 16/8 protocol and the 5:2 schedule. I eat 1200 cals between 1pm-8pm for 5 days (Sun,Tues,Wed,Fri,Sat) and 500 cals between 1pm-8pm for two days (Mon,Thurs). So far everything has been great...but it's just the beginning.
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm two days into Week 4 of IF on a 16:8 schedule. Until this week, I've been NOT IF'ing on Saturday and Sunday. This week, I'll only be taking a break on Saturday. I've also been doing a ton of strength training and indoor climbing every week, so although I haven't noticed the scale budge, my body is changing and my strength is through the roof.

I love my energy levels too. That, and the fact that I drink a lot less alcohol, have me feeling like a million bucks.

Next weigh-in and measure is April 30.

Happy IF'ing everybody! :smiley: