December 3 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @RangerRickL. Glad to help out where I can. Great pictures of New York. Must be getting cold there this time of year.

Had a PM from another member, there is an addition to the November Winners Circle.

Please congratulate @GrandmaJackie. Completed November with only 2 pass days. Well done.

So Novembers Winner Circle is:
    @120maggie.
    @astroamyastroamy.
    @cardio_enthusiast.
    @dejavuohlala.
    @fightingthetideofaging.
    @glimjy.
    @GrandmaJackie.
    @okuycan.
    @Westschmeis.
    @RangerRickL.
    @craigo3154.

As for a topic of the day. What is in store for you and your family this festive season?

ht55rs7njvg3.jpg
    (this is not my family, just a stock photo from the internet, added to spur the conversation)

My family gets together every Christmas. However, as it is usually hot here in Australia, lunch is often seafood (lobster, oysters, prawns, etc...).

Fortunately, all of my family gets along (same cannot be said for my wife's family). Christmas is a great time of family and sharing for us.

Even when my grandparents were alive, the extended family (with 23 people, uncles, aunts, cousins) still all got along. {From all I have seen, this is rare.} The extended family still gets together every 4 years (the extended family is much larger now as most of my cousins now have children and the eldest may now even have grand-children).

What is in store for you and your family this festive season?
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    December 3
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 36 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Unfortunately daughter ill today, so lunch with friends cancelled (did not want to infect their family). So quiet day at home with on and off rain keeping us inside for most of it. Still got walk in without getting soaked.

Have a the quad that was delivered a week ago now ready to fly, but need good weather to fly it.

Had prepared a Pavlova to take to friends place for lunch. Guess what's for dessert for the next few days :) (Such hardships).

Heading into city office tomorrow to collect a fitbit for an office team step count competition. (The office comp only accepts fitbit and I see no need to purchase one when my smart watch does all I need, so someone is loaning one to me.). My daily walking should be a significant asset to the team.

@dejavuohlala. There is no "sign in" page per se for UAC. The main group page allows "join". But you post in the daily threads like you have been doing.

@LoraineGB. Las Vegas Santa run must have been fun. Great for getting out being active and having fun.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 thank you I hadn't clicked the join button for Dec. Thank you got the idea now
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154, OK, I finally have to ask, what is a Pavlova?
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Pass day :(

Exercise: No
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Much better day today I am getting the silent treatment. I wonder if he knows why he is mad? When he had the infection in his back I asked him if he remembered and he said not really he just knew I was supposed to take care of it and some days he knew.

I need to soak my parents sofa sleeper weighed a ton but my cousin and I and my dad got it on his truck.My dad is so determined but his helpfulness was hard. Trying to get around him I feel like I pulled something out of whack in my lower back.

I won't be lugging out any Xmas decorations I am too sore. I did stop at Wilburs house this man is unbelievable he is in his 80's volunteers in so many things. He makes 20k cookies for hospice all different kinds of Xmas cookies. He makes comfort dolls his goal is 3k today I dropped off poly fill at his home. I ordered him a 5 lb box of it for Xmas. LOL I always remind people when they are getting rid of fabric to remember him. He invited me to his house for his little Xmas party. I said I would try to come but one never knows. He is so full of life he reminds me of what life should be.
    So far so good unless I binge later I am A okay today. ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Craig not sure what's in store fore the holidays. I hope we will get to see my daughter but she is at that age where you never know.My siblings are out of town so it may just be my parents and I. My husband spends it with his family. They do the same thing year in and year out and he thrives on it. So he goes there for a few hours and I go to my parents.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (38 min HIIT)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking:Yes.

Well Christmas is not exactly a tradition around here. (Diyarbakır, Turkey mostly Muslim populated country). But we have a considerable population of Syriac Christians in our city so I am not really a stranger to the custom. New year on the other hand is an another matter for me. I get together with my friends every year for a fun night and celebration of a new year to come. I am generally th cook and the caterer of the night. :wink:
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wrote a longer post and it's vanished but the essence was yes x 3 :)
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3, I did a 22 minute walk outside. Right now this challenge is the only thing motivating me to actually get out and move. I'm looking to get a gym membership or fit some kind of routine in because I want to do more than just the bare minimum.

As far as Christmas traditions, Christmas Eve is always a whirlwind of fun. My fiancé's parents always host a big party at their house with close family friends. There's prime rib, lots of good sides, and even more to drink. Then we have a White Elephant Christmas exchange. Then for my family, we own an Italian restaurant and one of our chefs who's been with us for almost 20 years hosts a big Mexican celebration also on Christmas Eve. Thankfully that starts later in the night around 9-10PM, so I can do both celebrations. And of course there's even more good food and good drinks. Christmas day is thankfully much more quieter and relaxed. I go over to my older brothers house and watch his kids open presents, then just veg out and eat. I'm anticipating I'll probably use my two "rest" days for Christmas Eve and Christmas... Maybe NYE too lol
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. 10,000 steps today for the exercise component.

Fond memories of extended family holidays in years past with 20-25 at the table on a regular basis. So much inter-generational fun. Today, we alternate the holidays with our children as they each seem to have their own holiday traditions. I do miss the festivities of extended family.

I have made individual pavlova desserts for an office party in the past...they are light and airy. This week, I have been trying some healthy cookie (biscuit) recipes. Just trying to find some recipes with a bit more nutrition in them.
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes to the 3! Wasn't in the mood but pushed out 30 min on the elliptical. Power on people!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk...pretty much a rest day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • mimweed
    mimweed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, 50 min of pilates and 20 min cool down yoga
    Calories: yes
    Track: yes
  • Luxyp
    Luxyp Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pass day☹️☹️☹️