December 3 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, tried a new yoga routine, hauling in groceries and putting away, rearranging fridge, freezer and pantry.
    Stayed within calorie/carb budget: Yes
    Logged everything: Yes

A productive day. Still have some meal prepping to do tomorrow and getting more veggies (hubby did not want to deal with that).

Christmas will be small again this year. Mom, sister, hubby and I will likely go out for a late lunch and open our gifts. This will be a big Christmas for us as I was only 2 days post surgery last year. No energy and throat still very swollen.

@GrandmaJackie WTG on last month's challenge.
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    For exercise did 20 min of stairs, squats, lunges, crunches, etc
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    3 Yes for me today - exercise was mainly running around with puppy on the frosty grass. Just within calories. I made a mince tart to test out my home-made mincemeat (different recipe to my usual one) and only had the tiniest piece to taste - husband did the major tasting and pronounced it acceptable, so will make another batch for Christmas.

Our Christmas here is very quiet. My sister usually comes to stay for a couple of weeks or so over Christmas and New Year, and we have some good food and wine, but nothing too excessive.
  • Grisnv
    Grisnv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pass day:(
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    @craigo3154, OK, I finally have to ask, what is a Pavlova?

@Anya_000. Best description I have found is:

Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream.

9o2kupv86nqs.jpeg

As I am not a big fruit eater, the ones we have a topped with whipped (Chantilly) cream chocolate and peppermint (Peppermint crisp - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppermint_Crisp)

To make:
    • Beat 5 egg whites till they form soft peaks (can tip bowl upside down and nothing comes out).
    • Slowly add in 1.5 cups of castor sugar while still beating keep beating till all grittiness is gone from mixture.
    • Beat in 2 table spoons of corn flour.
    • Beat in 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
    • Beat in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
    • Spoon mixture onto baking tray making a rough cake shape (use grease proof paper base, otherwise will stick to tray - no need for cake tin)
    • Bake in low oven (120C/250F) for 90 minutes (we do 115 minutes for thicker meringue crust).
    • Allow to cool in oven for a couple hours.
    • Top with 8 - 10 fl oz of whipped heavy cream or whipping cream (for chantilly cream add vanilla essence and sugar)
    • Add toppings to suit.

Serves 8-10 (or about 4 of me :) ).

(This is all from memory :) - actual published recipie I could find that was closest to what we do at home here is:
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pavlova-3/e62d3cc8-a69d-4ae3-8a6d-5226751a274d)

I had pavlova for the first time when I visited Australia in March 2017. It was delicious, as were the many other deserts I just had to try. We travelled through many small towns and there seemed to be a bakery in each town offering all sorts of goodies. The pavlova however, was homemade by my sister-in-law's sister-in-law and it was sooo good.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dec 3
    Exercise - over 15,000 steps including 20 min on treadmill, as well as cleaning windows and putting up decorations.
    Within calories - yes
    Tracked - yes

My family all gets together before Christmas for a larger get together, and then the siblings spend Christmas day with their more immediate family members. My husband and I have also booked a one week trip to Cuba before Christmas, so this month is going to be pretty busy.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (30 min elliptical)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Great picture @RangerRickL !!
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, housework and laundry
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Lilsha08
    Lilsha08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    December 1
    Pass

December 2
    Pass.

December 3
    Pass

Not ideal, but using all my pass days for the beginning of this month. Unexpected extenuating circumstances as a close friend had a death family and I am away from home right now. However, I am determined to get back on track today and commit to myself and commit to the purpose of this group because I deserve it! Hope everyone has a great week.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    I have a mild virus, so skipped the weights, but got in two short dog walks.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3 days into December and I am already struck out.
    I ain't been exercising or at least what counts as deliberate exercising.
    Last day of November I exercised on spin bike. Kind of overamped my knee.
    My mountainbike is in the shop. I cooked the brakes. I am always cooking the brakes.\
    Ugh, bike is down for the count and weather has been nice enough to ride it. Maybe I will give my knee a few more days off and just spend time with Buddy.
    That little guy, his laughter is utterly captivating.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Pass Day for me