December 4 Sign In

Options

Replies

• ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.

Finally mixed it up for exercise... I did some weight lifting! Which I am entirely new to, but we gotta start somewhere. I've been watching tons of youtube videos, my favorite channel being Whitney Simmons, so I did her beginner arm workout. I also like going to youtube for at home yoga sessions! There's quite a few great channels out there for yoga. As for how to stick to exercise, well I figure I can at least do 20 minutes. So far I've kept it simple with walking, which I don't feel great about per say, but it's definitely better than nothing! Keeping my calories under hasn't been too difficult yet. I do get pretty close to my limit though, which is 1500. Late last night was pretty bad with cravings (which I thankfully don't get too often), so I got out of bed to go get something even though I only had 50 calories leftover. I chose one of those firecracker popsicles, which I thought would put me over and I'd have to come here and confess to you guys, but it's actually only 35 calories! I now know what my late night snack go-to will be if I need one!
  • polewalker2018
    polewalker2018 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not much time to document, but yes x3.....
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dec 3. Tracked, under calories, some cardio and a lot of body weight training. Burpees, 5 minute planks, 3 minute wall sits. Kettlebell.
    Dec 4. Indoor cycling, outdoor walking, hour yoga class.Normally I don't care for yoga but once a month I take a funtional fitness class. It is a variety of strength balance and flexibility to help regular exercisers avoid injury. Tonight was all yoga. Tracked and under calories.

I get up early to exercise daily. It has become part of what I do. But, even though it is a solid habit it is still very easy to" fall off the wagon" . I appreciate UAC as a means to keep me following what I know is the right thing to do!!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    yes x 3
    Today's exercise 30 minutes aerobics and 40 minute walk. I, too, find my exercise routines on YouTube targeting various muscle groups in approximately 10 minute segments, each. At my senior age....the exercise routines of choice are more for strength, balance, coordination and conditioning rather than for burning calories to promote weight loss. I'm within a pound of my desired maintenance range, so low impact works for me...and it's less stressful on these older bones!
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    had a "walking meeting" this afternoon to make my exercise - woot woot.
    yes
    yes
    yes

There are some healthier pavlova options that are pretty much just egg whites, vanilla (or whatever) extract, cream of tartar, and sugar. I put it on a baking pan in dollops, so I've made batches that are about 20 calories per "cookie".
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    During our winter season from November through April 15, I workout indoors. It is my habit to get up at 5:00 a.m. on M/W/F to do active stretches followed by cardio strength intervals. The rest of the week, I walk on my treadmill while watching some old movie.
    Today, after 3 weeks of vacation, I have to restart my workout at a lower level.
    Exercise: 20 minutes of stretching followed by 30 minutes of cardio/strength. Push-ups are the perfect exercise with which to determine both progress/setback. After 3 weeks, I declined by 20%.
    Calories: under by 350 kcal
    Tracking: ok
  • dawnrenae17
    dawnrenae17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Exercise- Yes, got up and went to the fitness center here at the hotel. Another day over 11,000 steps plus weights.
    Calories: Yes, salads are my friend on this trip
    Logged-got it done!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My exercise routine will also gravitate more to indoors through the winter months. After multiple fractures to my leg and ankle some years ago resulting from a slippery fall...I avoid icy roads and sidewalks. My recovery was excellent; but I don't care to repeat 4 1/2 months in a wheelchair and another 3 months learning to walk, again. :)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 30 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes 3x. Walked 3 miles
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Starting to think this group is mostly east- coasters because I’m always at the end of the daily check ins...
    Anywho
    Excercise: 1 hour strength/abs, 50 minutes spin class
    Calories: logged and under!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 17k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • mimweed
    mimweed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, pilates + yoga
    Calories: yes
    Track: yes
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exercise-no
    Tracking/yes
    Calories yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Stationary Bike/Yoga Camp
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    3rd Dec
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Staycation Downtown LV.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

We are trying out a new house sitter for our dogs. We are going to England in April next year and want to find a good fit with plenty of time to spare. By all accounts she did great.

4th Dec

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Today we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. The house looks lovely. I love this time of year and I love Christmas. The weather is beautiful right now, cold, crisp mornings and warm, sunny afternoons…

Exercise - it is the first thing I do every morning. We get up, put our dog walking gear on and get walking before anything else. This time of year, its usually 4 miles every day. We get up when we wake up and it’s a great way to start to each day.
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, walking
    Calories: Yes, under.
    Track: Yes

I tenbd to fit my exercise in throughout the day as I am home most of the time. Have been doing a new Yoga routine. Trying different routines as well as length of time. Trying to find a few so I don't get bored.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes
    Within calories - yes
    tracked - yes

I am also retired and although I should have lots of time, I also find the day can get away from me and then out of nowhere someone pops in or last minute plans are made to visit friends and I find I didn't get in my exercise. As such, I try to get 30 minutes on the treadmill in the morning before my day starts.
  • Lilsha08
    Lilsha08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, but I actually didnt eat enough today

• Cherzeen
    Cherzeen Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dec. 4

Exercise: Yes. 30 minutes on treadmill and walk 18 minutes

Calories: Yes

Track. Yes