barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
2017 Goals
1. Lose 15 pounds ...lost same 6 over and over
2. Lower blood sugar
December goals.
1. Lose 3 solid pounds
2. Not give in or give up because of the holidays
3. Plan better to decrease fast food stops...have a bad Chik Filet habit after long bike rides

Replies

• eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    my goal...just to kick this crazy sugar habit. I can't seem to get enough. I'm tired too, so I'm sure that's a big part of it. I have sloughed off the exercise, too, and need to get back in! My goal for the month is to regain those healthy habits!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been stretching myself too thin, and not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, and going over calories too many times! I'm trying to dredge up the motivation to exercise, but refuse to do it outdoors in the cold! It was 27* this morning, and it's only the beginning of winter!
  • tress29
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    have a bad Chik Filet habit after long bike rides
    I loooove me some Chik Fil A!! In order to make it just a little healthier, I order the nuggets with a side of pickles and choose fruit over waffle fries. Because if I have the fries, I need the Chik Fil A sauce to dip them in, and that's even more carbs!

• barbhat13
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Love that sauce! But i eat the whole meal after long workout and it just happens to be on the way home after a 45 to 60 min drive home....but i realize that i often stay under calories but eat so much at one sitting. Portions! Did better today after expending 1000 calories....had lunch with daughter ...a no chip mexican lunch!
  • tress29
    edited December 2017
    Options
    had lunch with daughter ...a no chip mexican lunch!
    Wow! That's will power! I usually take 6 chips, break them in pieces and load them with salsa. I figure it's the chips that hurt me, not the fresh veggies!

I made some red beans and rice with smoked sausage this week. I know the carbs are horrible, but I've been craving it for weeks. It's probably been a year since I had any, so just decided to satisfy the craving. By the time I made cornbread with green chilies and shredded cheddar it's a 900 calorie meal! I ended up with enough for leftovers for one meal, but threw out the last piece of cornbread so I didn't eat both slices!

• barbhat13
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Stalled! But not given up ( just gave in today)....chik filet attack!
    Had windy bike ride today. Here is our view.
    lteycvn5ivko.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Made it thru a week of the flu....being an ER nurse adds lots of chances to get sick. Refocusing....added myfitness pal to my borrowed garmin account so exercise is added automatically....i did carry my end of daughter couch for 30 minutes getting it thru 3 doors to her new apt....should count as something! Arms were sore afterwards....been working on getting more sleep too....
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Cool....ran in the house to test out garmin- myfitness pal synch.....totally cool....did scare the dog and cat while running thru a small house!
  • tress29
    Options
    did scare the dog and cat while running thru a small house!
    How small? My house is 720 sq ft, just 24' x 30'! If I'm sick in bed all day, I won't even get 600 steps, just going back and forth to the bathroom and to let the dogs out!

• barbhat13
    Options
    1100sq ft....lots of turnarounds....a very long ten minutes....one room is full of bikes so didnt use it at all....
  • barbhat13
    Options
    My college daughter is moving to another place so have been counting moving her as weight lifting. My triceps are getting a workout. Now i want to buy a cargo van after driving the rental truck....more moving needed but everything will fit in my SUV....more tricep toning!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Recap 2017
    1. Lost solid 10 pounds
    2. Getting handle on nutrition..upgraded app.
    3. Learning to use Garmin
    4. Serious knee and ankle injury preventing any non pavement running..miss my trails
    5. Three triathalons...swam in Gulf,Atlantic and down a river
    6. Mountain biking new this year
    ra7mzc6occh6.jpg