A keto Christmas

Options
choolou
choolou Posts: 14 Member
Anyone interested in a recipe exchange? I am hosting a Christmas party and want to sneak in as many keto friendly options as possible.

Replies

• choolou
    Options
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    https://thenovicechefblog.com/2017/06/low-carb-pancakes/

For Christmas morning after all the presents are opened!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lDUDL_DIzq0&feature=share

Chocolate Silk Pie - Looks delicious!!
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    choolou wrote: »

Man, do I love eggnog! This recipe looks so good.
    It better be if I'm going to spend 25% of my carb allowance on one serving! LOL.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    choolou wrote: »

Man, do I love eggnog! This recipe looks so good.
    It better be if I'm going to spend 25% of my carb allowance on one serving! LOL.

There are lower carb/calorie choices...it just depends on how authentic you want it to taste. There are even eggnog latte recipes available, etc.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I made an amazing pumpkin cheese cake for thanksgiving! I need to write down the recipe and log the macros still. If you want it, I am work on it this week. I kinda wing most of my recipes but I've been trying to be better at writing them down thx778t4dqyl.jpg
    wrwlqzzx58q31z.jpg
    dpzrsruqvccv.jpg
    ckekiv09axfe.jpg
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If you still want cranberries (YUM!!) this was a hit at Thanksgiving, even for the sugar burners:
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/t0ebPpg/cranberry-cheesecake-pie/
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    And to replace stuffing, I LOVE this and make it for myself (I'm cheap, nuts are expensive, and screw them, let them eat bread!!)
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/IntHMbD/low-carb-pecan-stuffing/
  • tinamariecappabianca
    Options
    Check out Keto Karma’s twice baked cauliflower! It tastes like loaded mashed potatoes
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! I made a keto pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving and it was awesome (recipe on Pinterest). For a Christmas party where you're serving hors d'oeuvres, you can use fathead dough to make so many things, like spinach cheese pinwheels, mini quiche, soft pretzels and stromboli bites. Bacon wrapped anything is great, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms (with cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts), jalepeno poppers, cheese and olive platters, etc. I love to entertain and finding recipes that are easy enough to adapt to appeal to everyone has been the best!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    For the chocolate lovers. I typed this into the recip builder. If split into 12 servings it was 20gm carb/serving. As I have 2 birthdays, multiple Christmas parties(everyone knows I am gluten free so it doesn’t seem weird for me to bring myself a single cheesecake slice), and then finally Christmas Day I am going to try to make this last. Higher carb than I like but if I focus on meat, eggs, and green veg with my fat choices(bacon) I think it will all be good!!

Chocolate cheesecake

crust
    1 cup almond flour
    1tbsp psyllium husk powder
    1/2cup butter melted
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/8 cup erythotol

Mix with a fork and press into the bottom of a cheesecake pan. Set aside.

3 eggs
    3 blocks(8oz) cream cheese
    1/2 cup erythitol
    1/4cup cocoa powder
    1tbsp Vanilla
    Krisda chocolate chips(50gm)

Mix first 5 ingredients well in a stand mixer, pour over crust, sprinkle chocolate over top.

Bake at 325 F for 45-55min.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    A pressed crust with just finely chopped nuts pushed together like a graham cracker style crust - and only on the bottom, not up the sides, might help you cut those carbs down without losing much of anything...
  • choolou
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I am hosting a sneakily keto Christmas party tonight. I also have some cookies, but I have zero interest in eating them, just decorating them.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm reluctant to sneak keto foods (especially those that contain sugar alcohols) to others. So many reportedly have digestive reactions to them. Including me. So far as I know, with the exception of 1 friend, I know zero people who use/eat artificial sweeteners of any sort.

I suppose those who have known allergies to various foods have enough sense to ask if something contains nut flours (as example).
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    What about a blanket statement of, "I've know I've had to make some medically ordered changes to my health recently! Before I cook up for the holidays, does anyone have any restrictions I can accommodate?"
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The writer of healthfulpursuit.com Leanne Vogel(I tho k) just posted a recipe for “Keto fizz”. I thought it would be rediculous that it would taste like a partially melted ice cream float but it does! I may add a shot of amaretto to one tomorrow.

1/4-1/3 cup canned coconut milk
    Sweetener of choice(I sprinkled on some monk fruit)
    Sparkeling water, flavoured is ok.

It was so yummy!!

The app is typing weird but I will add this here it won’t let me move the cursor. Anyway, mix sweetener and milk well then pour soda water on top easy peasy. Weird, it won’t let me edit my spelling or anything. Sorry!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I wish I had saved all my recipes. I had some good keto dessert things around, chocolate peoplebutter fat bombs, cheesecake, and such. I would hesitate to feed them to non-keto folk, though. They might not expect as much fat in such a small desert.

These days, I just show up with a meat and cheese tray.
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for a coffee - cheesecake dessert, just two ingredients - NO added sugar, zero carb - warning - its an acquired taste. Mascarpone cheese (8oz tub) and 4 teaspoons of expresso coffee powder. Just blend/whip with a fork, and serve in 2 oz dollops. makes 4 servings. Rich coffee wonderfulness, creamy cheesey dessert. Lots of fat calories, NO sugar. Of course, if you want to add sweetner, you can. Otherwise it tastes like a denser tiramisu without the crust. Enjoy.