DBF: 1

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    Me: 4
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 4

Had one of the most stressful work days of the year (and I was actually supposed to be off yesterday). Planned to work an hour in the morning and it turned into my normal 10 hrs. Won't give a summary of it because of confidentiality/ plus it could be triggering for some people, but it ended in a missing persons report...and that was just how my day started. It got exponentially worse because of 3 other client situations. Unreal. I walked the aisles of all the comfort foods I could think of and somehow walked away without a single purchase. Most days it is still a struggle to avoid coping with food. I think I still did that, but it wasn't a binge anyway. Taking today off from work as I originally planned.. definitely needing a breather.

@mae918 - That is a whole Ocean's worth of wins there. I'm SOOOO sorry that you're struggling so much, but with the emotional drain of your work and the emotional triggers of comfort food.

Sending you all the hugs...
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

@mae918 - that sounds awful, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that but I'm glad you're able to take a day for yourself today. And great job resisting the triggering comfort foods! That is not easy to do, especially after such a rough day *hugs*
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Had one of the most stressful work days of the year (and I was actually supposed to be off yesterday). Planned to work an hour in the morning and it turned into my normal 10 hrs. Won't give a summary of it because of confidentiality/ plus it could be triggering for some people, but it ended in a missing persons report...and that was just how my day started. It got exponentially worse because of 3 other client situations. Unreal. I walked the aisles of all the comfort foods I could think of and somehow walked away without a single purchase. Most days it is still a struggle to avoid coping with food. I think I still did that, but it wasn't a binge anyway. Taking today off from work as I originally planned.. definitely needing a breather.

@mae918 , You were Awesome for being able to resist that temptation of comfort food during such a stressful time! I know for myself, stressful days, especially at work when things don't go as planned & stressful "surprises" pop up, that urge to hit the vending machines with their huge selection of goodies is almost impossible to resist bingeing on them.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    DBF: 5

Thank you so much @KnitOrMiss @Moxie42 @BarneyRubbleMD

Today was much better. I spent it lounging with a close friend who just had surgery. It was rejuvenating to get that kind of time together despite the crappy circumstances. Back to work tomorrow. Thanks again, everyone. I'm really really trying..
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Dec 5

Me: 5*

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

I am so glad you were able to resist temptation!! Stress is horrible on bingeing. I'm glad you got your day off. Hopefully tomorrow is better!
  • RLBansonNoond1990
    RLBansonNoond1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    05/12/17 (as today isn't over yet):

Me: 2
    Binge: 3
    DBF: 2
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    B: 0
    DBF: 15
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DBF: 16
  • Moxie42
    Options
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Binge: 1
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Dec 6

Me: 6
    The B: 0
    DBF:14
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    DBF: 6

Thank you, @lamlam2013. It's been a struggle. Breaking through it though.
  • RLBansonNoond1990
    RLBansonNoond1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    06/12/17 (as today isn't over yet):

Me: 3
    Binge: 3
    DBF: 3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    DBF: 16

I am really happy that I have been binge-free so far, but I am so frustrated because I gained 1.4 pounds overnight the other day for no reason and it is coming off SO slowly. It just sucks to be making such great progress with this but not seeing it reflected on the scale at all.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    DBF: 6
  • echastee92
    echastee92 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Binge: 1
  • Pudding1980