Test results!

Options
redimock
redimock Posts: 258 Member
So, I haven't been hanging around here as much as I used to - :( My carb limits have been not as tightly controlled as I like, but it's life, so I've been coping and been hoping to move on and do better.

I had my first doctor's appointment in over a year, and here are my blood test results. I could. not. be. happier. Keto, even my sort of half-assed keto, seems to be just what my body needs.

HDL's - 104!!!! I have not even heard of them this high until I got this result.
Triglycerides - 92 - Lowest they have been in recent memory. In carb-eating distant past, they have been well over 700, and have even ventured into "too high to measure" territory.
LDL's - 152. Down from 172 last year - 1 year keto. Still higher than doctors like, but, with those two previous numbers, I DO NOT *KITTEN* CARE :) And, without particle size, essentially meaningless to me.

I asked for a fasting insulin test, and that's the one I'm still waiting on (had to talk my doc into it), but all of these others make me do the dance of joy!!!!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    This is terrific news...congratulations on the awesome results of your half-assed keto!! ;):)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @redimock well done and you are correct not to worry about the LDLs with everything else especially the HDLs being so good. Hope the insulin test is equally good, I'm sure it will be! :D
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    So, I haven't been hanging around here as much as I used to - :( My carb limits have been not as tightly controlled as I like, but it's life, so I've been coping and been hoping to move on and do better.

I had my first doctor's appointment in over a year, and here are my blood test results. I could. not. be. happier. Keto, even my sort of half-assed keto, seems to be just what my body needs.

HDL's - 104!!!! I have not even heard of them this high until I got this result.
    Triglycerides - 92 - Lowest they have been in recent memory. In carb-eating distant past, they have been well over 700, and have even ventured into "too high to measure" territory.
    LDL's - 152. Down from 172 last year - 1 year keto. Still higher than doctors like, but, with those two previous numbers, I DO NOT *KITTEN* CARE :) And, without particle size, essentially meaningless to me.

I asked for a fasting insulin test, and that's the one I'm still waiting on (had to talk my doc into it), but all of these others make me do the dance of joy!!!!

Congrats! That is so great!

My HDL was 104.
    trigs were 39.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You rock, that's such a awesome result!!
  • Keto_Kueen
    Keto_Kueen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! Totally worth the happy dance! Good for u n thanx for sharing ur results with us :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    redimock wrote: »

Congrats! That is so great!

My HDL was 104.
    trigs were 39.

I'm jealous of you both. My numbers have always been FABULOUS. This year, a little less so. I was expecting it, as I have read that menopause does a number (pun intended) on cholesterol numbers, both total and LDL. I was not thrilled, regardless.
    Mine are still okay, good, really, but it was still a bummer.

ETA: my trigs are still great.

Good for you!